What is going to sound better?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BiggyG9712
10+ year member

Chandler
will a 12 inch RE SX in a 1.7cuft sealed box be any louder than a 12 inch RE SE in a 1.8 cuft ported box tuned to 34hz. the se is given ~ 750 watts rms and the sx will be getting about ~1000 watts rms, if the sx is louder, how much louder you think?

the sx will be about the same i do believe or mayby quieter. why run the sx sealed???....also it never hurts to search..their is a thousand threads on which is louder with the re stuff

not really sure if the sx will be louder. if it even is, it would be marginal at best. 250 watts isn't a noticeable amount, then ontop of that you are going sealed. basically, the differences in terms of output would be marginal imo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.