what kind of amp should i use

Participant count
  • Participant list
if you got the 4ohm vc you should go with an amp with at least 400 watts rms at 4ohm or get an am that is 1ohm stable then get an amp that pushes 400 rms at 1ohm. if you got the 8ohm get an amp that pushes 400 rms at 2ohms. the mtx Thunder4244 4-Channel Amplifier would be good for either it will push 400rms at 4ohms bridged and 400 at 2ohms. hope this helps

I can relate to your problem because I just purchased 2 12'' MTX 4000s and wondered how much they can pound. I noticed that they have quite a bit of excursion, and handle even the lowest notes. I strapped them in a sealed dual carpeted wedge box and hooked them up to a 450x2 amp and put them in my trunk firing into the seat so the wedge was 1'' parallel to the back of the seat. I'll tell you straight up, they ****ing POUND. They weighed in at an incredible 158 dB! But it all depends on where they are going, but that is was I would recommend.

The amp was a kicker 2-channel 900 watt bass amp, but jensens and kenwoods can throw em' down too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.