What should I set my high pass to? JL XR650-Csi components.

comp2007
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I was wondering what would be safe for these components, they are being pushed to 70watts RMS with my alpine four channel amp. I have them crossed over at 100hz right now and was thinking about switching to 80hz. Would that be ok?

Are you refering to these? JL Audio XR650-CSi XR Series 6-1/2" Component Speakers System (XR650CSi)

Says Frequency 48 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB

Do you have subs? If so I'd just leave it at 100, if not set it to 80 it shouldn't hurt them. Listen to something with bass, turn it up to max listening and see if they distort, which they shouldn't.

**Edit** noticed its actually a package which includes tweeters. To be honest I'd say leave it at 100 to be safe. But its up to you if you want to test 80.

Are you refering to these? JL Audio XR650-CSi XR Series 6-1/2" Component Speakers System (XR650CSi)
Says Frequency 48 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB

Do you have subs? If so I'd just leave it at 100, if not set it to 80 it shouldn't hurt them. Listen to something with bass, turn it up to max listening and see if they distort, which they shouldn't.

**Edit** noticed its actually a package which includes tweeters. To be honest I'd say leave it at 100 to be safe. But its up to you if you want to test 80.
Yes those are the ones, I think I will just leave them at 100 then. I do have a JL 10w7 in a ported enclosure in the trunk so I probably wouldn't even notice a difference. You guys are crazy lol

lol misfit138 is having too much fun.

@comp2007 when I gave the frequency I am assuming that that applies to the 6-1/2s and not the tweeters, most tweeters ive seen are 100hz since its not necessary for these speakers to produce bass. But anyway you are correct, you probably would not hear any or at best, much difference since you have a sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.