What will hit harder

Participant count
  • Participant list
2 W7 13.5s on a DC 3.5k dropped to .75 ohm. Have a lot of beefed up electricals to back it up.

cone area of the dub7s = 286.13 vs 176.62 of the DC, can overcome the single motorforce of the DC.

If you have the money for Dub 7s, Look into getting A digital Designs Z 15 on a digital designs M4a. DD is the king of SPL for many years now, it would be a much better match.

2 W7 13.5s on a DC 3.5k dropped to .75 ohm. Have a lot of beefed up electricals to back it up. cone area of the dub7s = 286.13 vs 176.62 of the DC, can overcome the single motorforce of the DC.

If you have the money for Dub 7s, Look into getting A digital Designs Z 15 on a digital designs M4a. DD is the king of SPL for many years now, it would be a much better match.
Agreed. DD is expensive, but so are the dub 7s. If you want some real slappage, run the single Z 15 and watch how surprised people will be that it's just 1 15. Just get a proper box made or you will be disappointed. Or even a Sundown Nightshade

If you are going to drop W7 money a DD Z on a DD M3 will walk on the level 5 or 13s.

If not the W7s should take the 5. And those HD amps are beast but IMO and most others, the slash amps are better.

Hmm DDZ is too expensive and I don't think I have the electrical to back it up. If I tried to run 5k on 1 240 mechman alt and a optima yellow top under the hood and D3400 in the trunk wouldn't I get crazy voltage drops still?

I should probably rephrase the question. With the electrical specs I just provided, what can I run that will hit harder than 2 13W7s without getting voltage drops that will destroy my alternator?

Hmm DDZ is too expensive and I don't think I have the electrical to back it up. If I tried to run 5k on 1 240 mechman alt and a optima yellow top under the hood and D3400 in the trunk wouldn't I get crazy voltage drops still?
I should probably rephrase the question. With the electrical specs I just provided, what can I run that will hit harder than 2 13W7s without getting voltage drops that will destroy my alternator?
Can you fit about 16 cubes for a pair of 18s? 13W7s are no slouch on lower power. They don't need 2500 watts per sub to get loud. They will just reach there output limit before a louder sub will

2 W7 13.5s on a DC 3.5k dropped to .75 ohm. Have a lot of beefed up electricals to back it up. cone area of the dub7s = 286.13 vs 176.62 of the DC, can overcome the single motorforce of the DC.

Just to clarify, Sd is a measurement of the usable piston area (the part that actually moves) as opposed to the actual diameter of the driver. For a 15, that diameter is going to average 13.5", for an Sd of 143in². 176in² would be the total surface area of the driver but not the Sd we use in calculations.

JL spec'd 2.375 cubics for 1 13w7, if you start to increase the volume doesn't the sub sound more boomy and you lose SQ?
They always list small specs. It's a bit under a 15 so it needs just a bit less airspace. Increasing the airspace will make it more efficient and play more flat. We did a pair in a box we built for 3515s, on only 2000 watts it did a 149.9 at 30hz. The box took up the entire back end of a pt cruiser.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.