what would bump louder?

Originally posted by denim Havent you ever wondered why Alma, Micheal, and the other Kicker sponcered peeps run the 10s..?? They have all the capibilities of the 12s in a smalled package...better for mounting them side by side, The 10s may have less cone area but for some strange reason thay are better for spl instals, from pix of the 10L7 and the 12L7 side by side....the 10L7 is just as deep.....it has a much larger surround.....6 sqin more cone area than my Shocker extreme 12s.......the magnet is 3/4" wider and almost 2x as tall as the mag on the 12L7....and the dam thing is heavier.
the 12" are more efficient than the 10". reason why they all use 10", because you can stuff more 10" than a 12".

the 10" is rated at 600 watts RMS and the 12" is rated at 750.

(14) 10" will have about the same area (1400 square inches) as (10) 12" (1440 square inches)

(14) 10" =600watts (14 subs)=8400 watts RMS total

(10) 12" =750watts (10 subs)=7500watts RMS total

Originally posted by kicker_comps The 10''L7 is about the same size as a 12'' anyway..L7 indeed all tha way..
If anyone has a single question on the subject of the 10"L7 and the 12"L7 talk to Ghost of donald M on Sound domain ro Ghostman on Tech-domain.net he will straighten things out for you just fine, but he will still say pretty much the same thing as I did, and he has run both competively

This may be a little late, but I've heard a wide variety of JL and Kicker subs, and I liked what I heard all around, from 2 10W0's, to 2 15" L7's. Then i took a look at the prices, retail, and wholesale. 1 13.5" W7 off eBay.......... or 4 15" CompVR's off eBay with a bill to spare..... hmm.... any wonder why I like Kicker more.....?

well for ages JL has been way over priced for the performance they provide, they think they are going to have an exclusivity factor now that they jack up their prices since they hyped the crap out of medicore subs for years

Originally posted by denim If anyone has a single question on the subject of the 10"L7 and the 12"L7 talk to Ghost of donald M on Sound domain ro Ghostman on Tech-domain.net he will straighten things out for you just fine, but he will still say pretty much the same thing as I did, and he has run both competively

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Yeah he knows his stuff..Wouldnt anyone with 11,000 posts..

yeah I have been thinking about my next set up, and the L7s are in the running, but I am still unsure of how much of an SPL sub I am going to lean towards this time

Originally posted by nick310 my amp put's out 800 watts rms at 1 ohm, do you think that will run 2 10" l7's? or will it not sound so great since i'm underpowering them?
Are you going to compete?I have a friend with 1 10''L7 with 500rms to it...It bumps..

Kicker! A friend of mine has two L7's in a ported box with a 600W (I think) amp pushing both in his Camaro and it hits like hell.
Yeah..Camaro has small space and a small open trunk so Im sure it hits hard...

Originally posted by bumpin_blazer i HATE JL think they aren't that good and way too expensive.

adam
join the club

i mean, when u buy a w7, is it worth twice as much as an IDMax - do u gte twice the performance? No, u dont..............

yeah ya know jtmoney we have a lot of the same likes and dislikes when it comes to car audio. if you ever want to sell that 2.0 let me know. but then again you'd be crazy to sell it right:crazy: ?

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.