Where to demo hertz or SPX-PRO in SOCAL

Man, I'm in the exact same boat. I've been reading and researching and I keep swaying all around. One day it's hertz and the next day I go back to PRS or SPX-PRO. Then, it's "oh you need to go active" or "just save money and get the PG RSD's" or "just spend more money and you'll be happy". Man, I just wanna KISS. I need to give these suckers a listen.

I still haven't ordered anything yet cuss i just don't want to burn my hard earned cash. I Went to Al & Eds and they have Focal which i can't stand, to harsh in the tweeter. The guy had the Alpine Ref on the board but the board was down. Just my luck Huh. The local shops around me have the same old same old. Man do i wish there was someone with a board to listen to. I would give him a 20 just to relieve my stress on the matter. Yes I know a board is not a car but at least you get an idea.

Exactly. Soundboard isn't great, but I would think it can give you a subjective comparison between what's good and what's not. Also, listening to speakers in a car doesn't mean that it'll sound exactly that same way in yours. ***sigh***

Not to jump in front of DJ Hangman or anything, MLK would be nice, but I don't wanna spend that much, so HSK is next in line. I think that's what I'm leaning towards after all my researching (over PRS, SPX, rainbow, etc). Funny how you chimed in Datboiroy. After all said and done, I'll probably be PM'ing you (in the next month or so). I have to wait for my tax return - got a stupid speeding ticket yesterday.

Looking to hear the HSK. The MLK Is out of my price range. I just refuse to buy anything without giving it a listen. I learned this the hard way when I bought some cans for djing and someone suggested a pair of cans and they were garbage. Live and learn right.

Yo Datboiroy, you in Cypress, TX, right? Wish it was Cypress, CA. Then you'd only be 5 mins down the street from me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yo Datboiroy, you in Cypress, TX, right? Wish it was Cypress, CA. Then you'd only be 5 mins down the street from me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Ok I herd The Hertz Hsk and I realized I had a big as smile on my face. All I can say is holys*%@. Those are some nice speakers. I also herd some speakers from AVI and those were just as good so I'm going to go with the one's I can get cheaper. Is DATboiroy a dealer or what can anyone vouch for him.

Ok I herd The Hertz Hsk and I realized I had a big as smile on my face. All I can say is holys*%@. Those are some nice speakers. I also herd some speakers from AVI and those were just as good so I'm going to go with the one's I can get cheaper. Is DATboiroy a dealer or what can anyone vouch for him.
I live in the San Fernando Valley and also wanted to hear the HSK's. Where did you get to hear them?

Thanks

I like the Alpine SPX-17PRO over the others listed.

If you don't need the higher power handling of the Alpines and want to save a little, look at PPI 356cs

I liked the Alpine SPX-17PRO's at lower levels but if you crank them they start to sound like crap. I also noticed with more listing to the hertz HSK that they were very bright a higher listing levels. I went with the Oz Audio 180cs And love them to def. I tend to crank the sound more than often and they sound better the louder they get, very smooth and detailed. Mid range is amazing. I also liked AVI Audio "DIRECT EL" speakers for the price. One of the AVI comp's well be my next set of comps for sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.