Which AMP should i go with these speakers?

camar0rs

Need help picking a good amp just for these 10 speakers, subs will have own amp...

with configuration below listed, would i go with a 4 channel amp tying the rear panels and hatch together or 6 channel amp all split ???

Headunit: Pioneer AVIC-8201NEX

Power Output:

Peak: 50 watts x 4 channels

RMS: 17 watts x 4 channels

Firebird has 10 speakers currently installed:

Door: 6.5" (JBL CLUB6520) + 1" Tweeter (JBL GTO19T)

Back Panel: 6.5"(JBL CLUB6520)

Hatch: 4"(JBL CLUB4020) + 1" tweeter(JBL GTO19T)

Speaker info:

JBL GTO19T - Tweeters:

Nominal Impedance3 ohms

Power Handling (Peak)135W

Frequency Response2.5kHz-21kHz

Power Handling (RMS)45W

Sensitivity(2.83V/m) 93dB

JBL CLUB4020 4":

Power Handling 30W RMS, 90W peak

Sensitivity (@ 2.83V)90dB

Impedance (ohms) 3

Frequency Response75Hz – 20kHz

JBL CLUB6520 6.5:

Power Handling 50W RMS, 150W peak

Impedance (ohms) 3

Sensitivity (@ 2.83V)92dB

Frequency Response55Hz – 20kHz

Nobody has answered since having 10 speakers playing stereo is dumb.

To do it right you will need 10 channels of amplification. A processor that can handle 10 channels plus the sub.

So a 12 channel DSP and I think there is only 1 or 2 on the market. Mosconi and Audison. Both are in the $1500 range. Then the amplifiers. Which will run into the $1200 range.

A better way would have been only fronts. Since music is only recorded in Left and right, not rear.

I assume he's just looking for a little bit clearer and louder

I don't think he's going to try and win any sq events

Going only front with separate channels for mid and tweet would get a good sound though and could be an option

You could also power rear speakers with the h/u for some rear fill

I assume he's just looking for a little bit clearer and louderI don't think he's going to try and win any sq events

Going only front with separate channels for mid and tweet would get a good sound though and could be an option

You could also power rear speakers with the h/u for some rear fill
Maybe. Or maybe he's like 99% of the people and just doesn't know what's possible with a simple nice setup that's planned right.

Maybe. Or maybe he's like 99% of the people and just doesn't know what's possible with a simple nice setup that's planned right.
for front 6.5 comps and rear 6.5 coax, what would you say falls into this category? something along those Hi-Vis i asked about the other day? and something like a pc-450 to run them (maybe not even that big)

the car comes equipped with 10 speakers so i was going for clearer and louder only, not trying to do any comp stuff

amps will be mounted in flat hatch area, havent decided on building/buying a setup yet

I was already assuming doing a 4 channel with rear sets in parallel....

I spoke with JBL and they are recommending this amp : JBL GTR-104

thoughts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.