which amp to use with ctx65cs

Just ordered the ID CTX65CS 6.5" component speakers, help me choose an amp. gracias
i blew a mid with 300 watt per side after a year or so. it still works, but midrange seems pretty ****ed up. give them around 150-200watt, headroom is always usefull

I'm in the same position as you. Currently waiting to get them in. I was looking at the Kenwood KAC-7204 just because I have its bigger model pushing my sub, but I'm not too sure on how efficient it is. I read that it is a good amp and just runs a little hot. I'll stay posted on your thread for some answers

cool, i know nothing about amps. so if a few more chime in with good things to day about that one, i will buy it..

my friend works at sound warehouse and can hook me up with this amp for $150 http://www.woofersetc.com/p6084/T6002--Rockford-Fosgate-2-Ch-600-Watt-Amplifier.htm

or what do you guy think of these two

http://www.woofersetc.com/p6856/FD-2200--ARC-Audio-2-Channel-370-Watt-Amplifier.htm

http://www.woofersetc.com/p5720/V1502--Phoenix-Gold-Ryval-1000-Watt-2Channel-Amplifier.htm

also what does good headroom mean?

may be about to pick up these comps as well, was going to run them with a RF punch 201s (pretty old, i know) but i have been looking at amps as well, since i don't think 50w rms will be enough for them...

You honestly think that 100 x 2 Arc amp (although a very well made amp that makes over it's rated power) or the Cadence are going to trash a T600.2. I would bet on the Rockford in that deal.I know it will do over 200 X 2 at 4ohms-probably closer to 250 and do it all day long.I don't run Rockfords I have Zapco and Sundown but I put Rockfords in my daughters car because she also had a friend that worked at a big box and got them for less than half price warrantied.I was very impressed with them-much more so than I thought I would be going in.They seem to be holding up very well and she pretty much cranks it when she gets in the car and leaves it that way till she shuts it off.You should jump on that Rockford for that price.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

That Arc seems to be really nice deal, Arc and Zapco are both high end sq amps.

100x2 Arc at that price you really can not go wrong.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.