Which Harness for 2011 Challenger?

Participant count
  • Participant list

GaresTaylan
10+ year member

Hey everyone. My 2011 Challenger came with the 6 speaker boston acoustic system with the my gig hard drive - but no nav. I really don't use the built in hard drive that much, but I do miss the nav I used to have in my Charger.

Given the cost of the factory GPS unit, I have been looking into aftermarket units. Since I have steering wheel controls, the factory amp, etc... I was curious if anyone knew exactly what I would need. I called Crutchfield, but felt like my IQ dropped after the phone call was over. They couldn't tell me at all what was needed.

Which harness would be needed to maintain the steering wheel controls and factory amp? Would it just be the PAC C2R-CHY4 or is there another? Some of what I have found online was telling me I may need the PAC C2R-CHY4 as well as a second harness for the steering wheel controls but wasn't sure.

My main concerns really are:

-Obtaining the GPS (Will eventually re-wire and upgrade the system)

-Keeping everything else stock/factory working for now

Thanks for any help. I couldn't find any concrete information by searching.

If im not mistaken, its just a speaker level signal that goes to the amp. At least thats how it is with majority of Factory amplified stereos. So If what im thinking is correct, all you would need is a standard harness. Wire it up just like you would with any other radio and it should work. As far as the steering wheel controls, theres a seperate module.

It should work because you will be sending the signal from the radio to the amp just how it is now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.