Which of these two amp's is better?

Nesto1000
10+ year member

So recently I decided to buy the MB Quart ONX1.1500D on ebay because I thought it was cheaper. The reason that I thought that it was cheaper was because I saw a $157 price tag on there and I thought that I was getting a great deal on it! But as it turns out, I had acutally ordered the MB Quart ONX1.1000D. I contacted the seller before they shipped it off and requested if I could pay the difference for the ONX1.1500D version and they said yes. So I paid the difference and waited to see when they would send it. Then I was messaged back that the amp was out of stock, but that they would upgrade me to an MB Quart Q1.1500D! Well at a glance the price tag of the Q1 is higher than the ONX1 so I assume that the Q1 is better...

I want to hear you guy's thoughts on which one is better? The ONX series or the Q1 series....

The Q1.1500D has 850 watt RMS at 2 Ohms, and 1500 watt RMS at 1 Ohm...

The ONX1.1500D has 1000 watt RMS at 2 Ohms, and 1500 watt RMS at 1 Ohm...

From an RMS point of view, the ONX is better than the Q1. So what makes the Q1 more expensive? Better build quality or what?

MB Quart ONX1.1500D

MB Quart Q1.1500D

Last edited by a moderator:
JoshC, I asked which amp is better between the two that I listed, not which amp is better and should I get... I'm not trying to be a butt here...

Anyways I already bought the MB Quart amp... I'm just wondering if the Q series really is better than the ONX series...

N thanks matt_bennett05 and Phoenix Risen, I'm still looking up the amps and it looks like the Q is CEA certified while the ONX isn't....

The q is a much better amp , the entire build quality from the componets and everything. Will sound cleaner and is a little underated. The onyx is meh, ok but it is deffinetly worth the extra money to upgrade to the q. The onyx replaced the discuss series that i have , but it is not as good as the discuss.

The q is a much better amp , the entire build quality from the componets and everything. Will sound cleaner and is a little underated. The onyx is meh, ok but it is deffinetly worth the extra money to upgrade to the q. The onyx replaced the discuss series that i have , but it is not as good as the discuss.
So for you, the Q1.1500D is worth it for $173 then?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.