Which way do I go

Participant count
  • Participant list

Murdock

Good afternoon....I have a 2016 silverado with the sub enclosure firing down I already have the amps which are 2 autoteks a 40mxi and a 60mxi mean machines the white ones the enclosure is calling for shallow mount 12"s I'm leaning toward the JL 12tw-d4 dvc..I need to know if the amps I have will handle these and would these be the right subs for my setup being that I have the amps already?

Murdock

Not sure what Enclosure you actually have..

ATREND A134-10CPV Bbox Series Subwoofer Box for GM® Vehicles (10" Single Downfire Vented, Fits GM® Extended Cab 2014 & Up) - PTR-A134-10CPV - Rakuten.com

I ended up putting this enclosure in my neighbors truck with an Audio Technix Strat 12 DVC4 on a Mean Machine 66HC and it slammed its azz off really nice, with a bit of modification to the enclosure for the Magnet..It was for a 12" sub/enclosure for an 06 x-cab chevy..and ran a bit warm @2ohms..Those amps run pretty warm anyways in 4 om stereo anyways..but they are stable @2 ohms mono load kept cool and the electrical is stable and shell out some power..Not 1k but can get some nice power out fof them, and that 60 mxi has some xovers built in/switches and shouldnt have any problem pushing a pair of 4-600 RMS subs all day long @2 ohms mono/final load..Just give it some air between the surface when mounting like 4-6 washers under each mounting tab..a small fan will help alot as well.That 40 will do nicely unning @2ohms stereo for front stage also, and cleanly..Some of my favorite Zed made amps in my collection as well as the BTS series

Id look at some Sound Qubed HDS210s...a pair of DVC2 ohm will give you that final 2 Ohm load wired properly,and sound very nice in the enclosure pictured //one for ea sub on that MXI 60 should slamm pretty good

I think I have a fully functional 40 MXI, pretty dammned clean as well tested out approx 3-4 months ago out of my collection if you want to run one for ea sub..Would be one for a single DVC4 ohm sub to run @2ohms mono, and you can run the 60 up front..Those little 40s have no problem slamming a 4-600 rms sub all day at the 1 'Oclock position and do just fine all day long,and impressively without any issues as long as you keep it running warm

They are just some real BaddAzz well made Zed amps as well as the BTS series of Autoteks..HiFonics VII,VIII series also..USA US Acoustics Series II, and a couple other series i enjoyed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Murdock

Murdock
Louisiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Murdock