who OWN's who?

Chrysler owns Jeep. :\

Hewlett Packard owns Compaq.

Electronic Arts owns half the game companies.

TimeWarner owns RoadRunner, AOL, EarthLink, and CNN.

Chrysler owns Jeep. :\
Chrysler owned Jeep after having taken over AMC in the '80s. Now that Mercedes owns controlling interest in Chrysler I reckon technically Mercedes owns Jeep.

My first car was an AMC product ~ one that most on here I would imagine have never heard of or seen up close. And, NO, it wasn't a Pacer or a Gremlin!

Chrysler owned Jeep after having taken over AMC in the '80s. Now that Mercedes owns controlling interest in Chrysler I reckon technically Mercedes owns Jeep.
My first car was an AMC product ~ one that most on here I would imagine have never heard of or seen up close. And, NO, it wasn't a Pacer or a Gremlin!
Chrysler owns the Jeep I got, or they owned it when it was made so that's what I was referring to. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Well, if you want to get TECHNICAL, Daimler is owner of both MB, and all Chrysler products also with a partnership with Mitsubishi. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well, if you want to get TECHNICAL, Daimler is owner of both MB, and all Chrysler products also with a partnership with Mitsubishi. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
That would be....correct.

As Chrysler has had a partnership with Mitsubishi for decades when Daimler purchased controlling interest in Chrysler Corp. the partnership with Mitsubishi was automatically drug along for the ride.

Nope //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hint: Big, land-yachtish '74 model 4-door sedan, fit 8 teenagers comfortably, had the strongest powertrain available for this car for that year ~ 401c.i.d v8, Carter ThermoQuad 4bbl, and a 727 TorqueFlite automatic (AMC robbed Chrysler's parts bin pretty frequently) all backed by AMC's version of a limited-slip positrack rearend which they affectionately called 'Accu-Trac.'

Nope //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gifHint: Big, land-yachtish '74 model 4-door sedan, fit 8 teenagers comfortably, had the strongest powertrain available for this car for that year ~ 401c.i.d v8, Carter ThermoQuad 4bbl, and a 727 TorqueFlite automatic (AMC robbed Chrysler's parts bin pretty frequently) all backed by AMC's version of a limited-slip positrack rearend which they affectionately called 'Accu-Trac.'

Matador and Ambassador come to ming, but I thought those would be considered a wagon,no?

Matador and Ambassador come to ming, but I thought those would be considered a wagon,no?
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! They would be considered a wagon if I had owned the wagon version (both were available as such) but my Matador was a 4-door sedan. The Matador was also offered in a 2-door coupe whereas the Ambassador was not.

A quick search online brought me to this pic first - it is obviously prepped as a police unit but aside from that it's pretty close to what mine looked like ~

MatadorSedan.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.