Why the hell do I have so much dimming still?

SkwurlyFab
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SD
2500d and 300/4

Brand new Optima yellow top

0 gauge big 3

220 amp Iraggi alt

Amps are grounded back to the battery

All 0 wiring until it splits to 4 gauge for the amps

I think I got everything covered, so why do I still have heavy dimming of all lights at full volume???

Shoulda got a big kinetik battery, THis is the reason why when i got dual alt i didnt hook my ho alt to my car just to stereo systeml:)

im very doubtful that your irraggi alt is putting out anything even remotly close to what it is supposed to be putting out. that could be a big factor.

another factor could be just that you are drawong a ton of current. and in an extremely high current draw situation, its possible to get dimmage no matter what.

i added a overdrive pulley on my 280 amp alt on my blazer i know they make for gm for sure...im pretty sure i found a website at one time that sold em for makes and models...

Well I notice it a lot at night on my way home from work on the freeway. So anywhere from 2-4000 rpm's. It's so bad that people move out of the lane in front of me all the time. I can see my lights in the reflection on peoples tailgates and they dim a ton.

I plan on getting more batteries in teh future, would that help seeing as there's more power on tap or no?

haha yeah they do, come to think of it they dim pretty bad on the regular streets at varied rpm's too because there's a windy road to my gf's house that I take almost every day and there's this straight section of it. I was driving it one day and the beat was a pretty consistent one and the car going the opposite direction as me started flashing his brights at me lol

how come you took out the "they ****, don't buy this"" next to your sig on alpine type R.

Have they become better for you now or what. I remeber your thread of type R *****--well what is your experience after time and verdit.. What's next component are your going to buy.

haha yeah they do, come to think of it they dim pretty bad on the regular streets at varied rpm's too because there's a windy road to my gf's house that I take almost every day and there's this straight section of it. I was driving it one day and the beat was a pretty consistent one and the car going the opposite direction as me started flashing his brights at me lol

i have the same thing.... 275 amp iraggi, 3 group 31 yellow tops, etc, lights still dim, i guess sometimes its unaviodable...
Something has to be wrong... maybe CAPS may be the answer after all... ROFL

how come you took out the "they ****, don't buy this"" next to your sig on alpine type R.
Have they become better for you now or what. I remeber your thread of type R *****--well what is your experience after time and verdit.. What's next component are your going to buy.
I took it out cuz I thought it sounded childish. Everybody has their own opinion. They aren't workin too well for me, but I know others that like em a lot. I'd like to go with some rainbows next, I just haven't found out if the kick version is really worth it yet. I don't have money fro speakers right now, so I'll look into it more down the road.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.