Will a BOSS audio R2000M 2000W amp work with 2 Rockford Fosgate R2D2 10's?

ItsNitsua

I have a BOSS audio R2000M and two Rockford Fosgate R2D2 10 R2 DVC 2-Ohm 250 Watt RMS 500 watt peak. I'm setting up my first sound system in a 2011 Tahoe and I think i may have fucked up when i ordered the AMP...

Will i be able to safely use the amp with said subs without breaking them?

I have a BOSS audio R2000M and two Rockford Fosgate R2D2 10 R2 DVC 2-Ohm 250 Watt RMS 500 watt peak. I'm setting up my first sound system in a 2011 Tahoe and I think i may have fucked up when i ordered the AMP...
I am not one to bash other people's systems, but yes you mucked up picking that amp. At most it May give you 300 watts clean power, as long as you hook it up properly, and don't expect/try to make it produce more, hopefully it will do until you can save up for a proper class d monoblock amp. We all started somewhere dude. Wire the subs so that you have a final 2 ohm load.

that boss amp does 200 actual watts at best so as long as you dont try to overly crank the gain/input on the amp, then it should be enough to make the subs move. However if you arent satisfied with how loud it gets and start cranking things up past their limits, the dirty power you are forcing the amp to make will destroy your subs or blow your amp.

So just know that its not from overpowering the subs, its from an inferior amp not providing enough power to get you where you need output wise or an inferior subwoofer enclosure that doesnt get loud(dont buy pre-built boxes if you want to get loud)

anything that is rated to do true 500 watts rms at 2ohm. no sense getting something that might be too big. a few options under 175 that will leave headroom.

Skar lp-1000-1dv2

ppi p1000.1

There's a lot of budget friendly options available

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.