window tinting

what is the best kind of tint in can use? i dont want it to get dull quickly, i dont want it to be a huge pain in the ass. durability and longevity are the main concerns here.

anybody do tint often? and if so - whats the kind you would put on your car? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

yeah i tint somtimes

any shop that has Formula One, (which i use) i love their film. but you want somthing non dyed , get a ceramic film, or a metal film.

police here in CA have a handheld device that scans your window tint to check how many % sunrays are blocked.

i doubt the officer would use it though unless he or she was an complete ass or thinks you are lying to him/her about it.

police here in CA have a handheld device that scans your window tint to check how many % sunrays are blocked.
i doubt the officer would use it though unless he or she was an complete ass or thinks you are lying to him/her about it.
yeah in az they have them too. its like a u-shaped device and you slip the window between the device and light transmists it and it tells you what % you have

I thought in FL you could have 5% in back and 28% up front. i could be wrong but thats what alot of my friends have and since i got a new window i need to get the same. its just too **** hot with no tint and my leather hates the UV rays gotta condition that bish every week.

Ive been using LLumar high performance film for over 6 years..and wont touch anything else. Ive seen 3m's color stable...comes out of the box purple. Lovely.

And like others have said..take it to a pro...you wont ever get a quality tint job doing it yourself..if you had taken it to a pro the first time.

I thought in FL you could have 5% in back and 28% up front. i could be wrong but thats what alot of my friends have and since i got a new window i need to get the same. its just too **** hot with no tint and my leather hates the UV rays gotta condition that bish every week.
nope, if a cop wants to be a dick he can give you a ticket, most just measure side windows though. I seen a cop make a guy peel his tints or he was gonna tow his ****. at Club Space, ****ing dickhead cop

Hey guys, just so you know heres a link. This is a pretty reputable store from what Ive heard it supports a car forum I spend alot of time at and they have the list of what is legal in every state. Heres the link, http://www.tintkits.com/UserMods/laws.asp . Im thinking about trying out tinting, Im pretty hands on and theres another thread here with really good info on the process and how to do a good job so... lol

Alex

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.