Wiring and Fusing Questions

Phlipbak
10+ year member

CA Enthusiast
Ok.. so I think I'm going to be running a Kicker ZX650.4 (100w RMS x 4 @ 4 ohms), 100w to my 2 mids (still deciding on those..), and 100 watts to each Seas Neo tweeter (hope they can handle 10w over rated power of 90w), and also I'm most likely going to be running an AQ2200D or an equivalent amp (whatever it is will be set to 2000w at 1 ohm) to push 2 SSA Icon D4 12's..

Now, I'm getting a Powermaster XS Series D2400 Series battery that will be wired to my stock 730 CCA battery (it's a beast for stock battery) which will in turn be connected to my (also a beast) 160 stock high output alt.. now I want to do big 3 and such, and I want 1/0g also ran to my AQ2200D, and 4g ran to my ZX650.4..

But--how should I do this? Pos and neg KnuKonceptz battery terminals allow (max) two 1/0g in or out and one 4g in or out per terminal.. I want my batteries connected with 1/0g also.. should I wire them like this (keeping in mind each terminal for each post has possibility for up to two 1/0g in/out and one 4g in/out):

BatteryWiringDiagram.png

Or should I use distro's somewhere or put fuses somewhere? Also where should I put my inline fuse(s)? Do I only need like one 250A somewhere or more than one or something? Kind of new to self-install, and I'm redoing my entire system, I had it professionally done last time, well... "professionally".. kind of crappy actually... anyways thanks a lot guys!

O...excuse the UNBELIEVABLY crude drawing

knu concepts has 3 1/0 ga input + & - terminals i know i have seen them...

so you are going to do big 3 up front and run a sec batt in rear??

do 1/0 big 3. fuse ur run from the alt to the batt +, then fuse ur run of 1/0 to the back batt , put a fuse at the front batt before the firewall, and before the rear batt in the trunks.

I would put the fuse closer to the battery that is going to the amp.( 10"-16")away no more than 18" is best. Just run batteries + to + and - to - . Use same size wire for + and -. You should upgrade the front alternator to battery wire too. Ground both batteries (same spot don't matter) as long as its bare metal contact.

MLA

the fuse should be before any run of wire that may come in contact with metal, or that is over 18 inches, thats what i try to go by.

as far as size of fuses, i genrally like to go one / two sizes larger than what the output of the amp is fused at. so if you have two amps off of a run (one 40amp and one 60amps) then i would fuse it at 100 - 150 (cuz anything beetween there is hard to find)

also i dont see you having a ground on that dxlkap200ka (or whatever battery) you aught to just for good measure attach it to the chassis somewhere nearby the battery/amp

keep in mind factory grounds in the front are for factory electronics, add some better ones

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.