Wise ones please chime in =)

Participant count
  • Participant list

brandon22389

I have a 10" Alpine type-r, dual voice coil, dual 4ohm subwoofer. And i am purchasing a new Kenwood kac-9104d 1800watt max-900watt RMS mono amplifier. From those of you that know how subwoofer/amp wiring works, would these be a good pair for decent power? I really don't need ridiculous power, just something i can bump when i need to or listen to my old school R&B when myself and the lady feel like listening to more,.....civilized musics ,clearly. Also, how would you go about wiring this baby up for optimum audio quality? As far as running the sub in parallel, or series wiring, as well as crossover at the actual sub itself?? Any help is greatly appreciated!! TIA Fellaz/Ladies!

Also, could you explain the actual wiring in a little more detailed description on how to wire it up at the sub, then at the amp connection for 2ohms, which i would assume be the optimum setting for this setup, no?

~Brandon

Oh, and since i am new here and will most likely be spending some time with you guys from here on out i guess i should introduce myself. My name is Brandon, and i am located in Raleigh, NC. I am do Custom Home Theatre Installations for home theater systems and mounting TVs for customers as well. I have pretty decent connections as well on Audio/video equipment, so if you guys ever need anything just shoot me a private message and i will be sure to help you guys out! In my free time i build motors for my baby(the car the audio is going in) and enjoy doing anything handy! Thanks Again for any help provided guys!!

So what model would you say would be a better amp for this sub?
Sundown 1000.1, 1000 @ 1 ohm, 500 @ 2 ohm, if you'd like to upgrade, you've already got the amp to power 2 of them.

Almost any 1000.1 would work, most do rated power @ 1 ohm, meaning ~500 rms @ 2 ohm.

Sundown 1000.1, 1000 @ 1 ohm, 500 @ 2 ohm, if you'd like to upgrade, you've already got the amp to power 2 of them.
Almost any 1000.1 would work, most do rated power @ 1 ohm, meaning ~500 rms @ 2 ohm.
Ok so any 1000.1 amp. Like i said i'm not an audiofile, i just want an amp to power the sub appropriately. What amp would you say would get the job done for between $100-200? All my funds are in my motor right now, so i don't have much to spend on interior details, especially audio! lol...Thanks again J31Rob

Haha, i was just about to post that and ask you if that would be the one you were recommending! Ok, so we've got an amp picked. Now i need a little help with the wiring at the sub/amp. You would run this system at 2ohms in a parallel wiring fashion correct? And how about the crossover at the sub? What would you say is the best way of wiring her up? Sorry if i've got alot of questions, i don't mess with my car's audio as often as i'd like to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.