Worse dimming AFTER big 3!?

Reborn
10+ year member

USA
Title says it all. Prior to the 3, only the dash would slightly dim. Now, everything including the parking lights are dimming a lot. The wires are 1/0 and in the correct positions with factory electrical. The battery is at 10.47V with the car off, haven't had the chance to check it with the car on, but will do that ASAP.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have a couple ideas of what could be the source of the problem, but I'm not too sure about them. First off, the battery - and engine are grounded from the factory in the same location; where I also grounded the 1/0. Second, the factory ground from the engine to chassis isn't directly from the block itself but from an attachment to the block. Will I need to find a different location for these and maybe ground them separately?

The setup is a single Type-R 12' DVC at 2 ohms pushing 800 wrms on both the factory battery and 100A alternator, if that helps. Thanks for any input.

by the look of that voltage the dimming may have just been a fluke happening. the bat should rest no lower than 12v with the engine off. IMO the dimming is happening because the bat can not take the load and is making the alt do it all be it self which cant take the full load either. time for a new bat.

by the look of that voltage the dimming may have just been a fluke happening. the bat should rest no lower than 12v with the engine off. IMO the dimming is happening because the bat can not take the load and is making the alt do it all be it self which cant take the full load either. time for a new bat.
i'm with this idea.

I understand your opinion, but it's always been that voltage, even when I had less dimming before the 3.

Title says it all. Prior to the 3, only the dash would slightly dim. Now, everything including the parking lights are dimming a lot. The wires are 1/0 and in the correct positions with factory electrical. The battery is at 10.47V with the car off, haven't had the chance to check it with the car on, but will do that ASAP.
Anyone have any suggestions? I have a couple ideas of what could be the source of the problem, but I'm not too sure about them. First off, the battery - and engine are grounded from the factory in the same location; where I also grounded the 1/0. Second, the factory ground from the engine to chassis isn't directly from the block itself but from an attachment to the block. Will I need to find a different location for these and maybe ground them separately?

The setup is a single Type-R 12' DVC at 2 ohms pushing 800 wrms on both the factory battery and 100A alternator, if that helps. Thanks for any input.
You finally drained your battery. It has nothing to do with the new wire. It is just a coincidence. If you had a healthy battery, the dimming would not be worse.

if the alt is on its way out it might not be charging well either causing the low v to the bat. maybe both are bad, i would have them both checked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.