wtb 2000+rms@1ohm amp under 300$

The Orion amps aren't what they used to be back in the 90s. They are still ok, better than say hifonics. But not much . They are still trying to live off the name they made back then but sold out like most other companies from the 80s and 90s. By this I mean the build quality just isn't what it used to be They are more about profit than design and engineering
whats wrong with hifonics, ive owned 2 brutus amps and they were nice and never fked up

whats wrong with hifonics, ive owned 2 brutus amps and they were nice and never fked up
They're ok for the most part, most are slightly over rated and very power hungry. I think the brz line is an exception to the over rated part.

I actually found out it's a 2500... it's the older chrome one and I've been told by a number of people it does well over-rated power.
here is a gut pic..

nxmesz.jpg
The older ones like I said are good amps. The lack of internal caps would make me wonder if it does rated tho I see only 3 caps for a 2500 rms amp The guts do look decent tho

Any idea if the orion I posted was/is a better model? everyone I talked to says it does 4k+ @ .5ohm

edit.. nvm, saw your post above
Couldn't say for sure I haven't even played with one of those amps. The last Orion I played with was the red cheater amps. And they were little monsters

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.