30 cube 6th order?

[quote name='LongThrow']Never heard that before.

How'd you go about setting the box foundation where the rear seat were? Looks very uneven before you laid the wood down. Haha, laid the wood down...[/QUOTE]

Just use shims to even things out. I think it turned out really good. It's flat and solid

[quote name='los33']The guy who runs ram designs just posted a week ago selling some c&d batteries.

He lives near me.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

How close, and what thread? What's his username?

[quote name='Frank H']@adulbrich not that you care, but I do enjoy your posts and am definitely following this one... but DANG I hate scrolling past your sig!

haha Keep us updated on this build![/QUOTE]

I do care, thanks. My sig doesn't bother me because I always scroll on the side bar

I can give some advice. That was my first series 6th I ever designed. Pm me or quote me if you need some help.
Hey, i'm about to leave for work, but I PM'd you my number. Feel free to text me about it. Otherwise, I get off work at 5:00 and will be back on the forum shortly after

I'd really like to know how adjusting different factors changes tuning.

With a ported box, making the enclosure bigger lowers tuning, but makes it more peaky. Making port area larger raises tuning, but makes it more efficient and more peaky. Lengthening the port lowers tuning.

Same for sixth? What should I tune each enclosure to?

From what I've read, there are six peaks in the frequency response of a quasi sixth order. Subwoofer resonant frequency, first box resonant frequency, first port resonant frequency, second box resonant frequency, second port resonant frequency, and vehicle resonant frequency.

I would like a box that is as loud and flat as possible from 25-50hz

mine was a clamshell,/series tuned 6th......ratio was around 1:.8 so way more of an SQ build in reality but did 60+ on the dash and played very well from 30-70hz.

You won't find much info out there or people who will design one as there are too many variables IMO.

My "theory" was build ported side to what the subs called for, then try to make front chamber as big as possible. Then tune rear chamber and front chamber with a TL to get it how you want it as far as freq response.

Mine gained about 3db from 30hz to 50hz so not super flat but was quite musical with a little EQ work...

mine was a clamshell,/series tuned 6th......ratio was around 1:.8 so way more of an SQ build in reality but did 60+ on the dash and played very well from 30-70hz.
You won't find much info out there or people who will design one as there are too many variables IMO.

My "theory" was build ported side to what the subs called for, then try to make front chamber as big as possible. Then tune rear chamber and front chamber with a TL to get it how you want it as far as freq response.

Mine gained about 3db from 30hz to 50hz so not super flat but was quite musical with a little EQ work...
Nice, I think I'm set on a 4th order with the Z's now, or three 21" Wardens in a ported box. We'll see how this ends up

Hey adulbrich, I've had good luck with 6th's but I always build a large enclosure. Than I make a moveable center section for the baffle. Then use tube ports so I can change volume and tuning as needed to work in the particular vehicle. That way nothing is set in stone and is constantly variable. Just my 2 cents but it has served me well. Don't know if someone already covered this or not. Didn't read the whole thing

Thanks Gary, I was considering doing an adjustable 6th.

I think I've settled on a 4th order unless I can get the Wardens though. I had an expert give me box specs for a 4th already

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.