Alpines vs Pioneer? Which Better For Me???

IDriveCars05
10+ year member

Speaker Size 6-1/2" vs 6.5"

Speaker Type Coaxial vs Component

Cutout Diameter 5.61" vs 5-1/16"

Design 2-way vs 2-way

Frequency Response 35 - 30000 Hz vs 35 - 22000 Hz

Sensitivity 92 dB vs 91 dB

Nominal Impedence 4 ohms vs 4 ohms

RMS Powr Range 50W vs 30W

Peak Power Rating 250W vs 150W

The Specs on the LEFT are the alpines....i payed about $80 more for 2 sets of alpines as pioneers. I just want to ask if u guys think because the alpine are coaxial...which is said to be worst than component. HOWEVER...the alpines are said to be a higher quality speaker

From experience, the alpine type-s speakers are very good speakers. Are those type-r specs though? not sure, but alpine speakers are top notch. The pioneers arent as bass-ey, and the tweeters are rather harsh and loud. The alpines are loud and clear. I loved my type-s 6.5 coax speakers. They can take a beating too.

no...i tried to set up a little comparison chart. it sux..but i was asking which speakers were better. They are the same size. The specs on the left are alpine type s. Pioneers are on the right. both are 6.5"

I've owned Pioneer stuff before and honestly I have no respect for their subs or comps. Great headunits but thats about it. I would stick with alpine over pioneer for speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

IDriveCars05

10+ year member
IDriveCars05
Silver Spring, MD
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from