best deck?

I'm a fan of Alpine head units myself. Got one for my truck about a year-and-a-half ago and I have been very satisfied with its features and performance. Mine's an older CDA-7893 and the ones in the links below appear to newer models of what I have. OnlineCarStereo.com seems to have really good prices on ALL of the Alpine head units they sell.

The two links I pulled up are the two best units from Alpine in your price range, but there is more if you want to look. They have detailed specs. available and I suggest checking them out.

Highlight of some features: reads CD/MP3/WMA; XM-ready; 27x4 watts RMS (High current); 4-volt pre-outs; auxillary input; Very clean sounding deck--105dB S/N ratio.

LOTS of features to learn how to use, but once you set it up, it will sound great.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13216

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13215

Good luck with whatever you decide---Later.

i figure this may be a good thread to ask since they seem pretty good as well: what about nakamichi HUs? it may be the price that makes me think they are very high-end but the specs are pretty impressive. As far as there asthetics go, some people dont like them but you can bet most thieve will see it and think its a stock HU and keep moving. that seems like the best security system a HU could have.

Bump for Eclipse, sq that most brands dream about. Nak would be my next choice, good suggestion from Logikalliquid. There is a drastic difference in sq between a cd player that is built to hit a price ponit and one that is built for performance and sq. Or does a Cavalier compete with a Corvette?

Just to play Devil's Advocate....i find it funny as hell that everyone is promoting the 860MP without even hearing it yet. You have to realize that they moved their processing plant from Japan over to Thailand. This could result in cheaper components being used in the HUs, hence the better "quality" and newer features, for even lower prices then last years models. I dont know, but that just doesnt make sense on how they could do that unless they are using child labour.....

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif But still, Ive already planned on getting the 860MP myself lol!!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Those 6.5volt preouts along with BurrBrown DACs is just 2 hot to pass up. And that new color OEL is spanking sexxy. Ive already started making movies and backgrounds for it, its so fricking nice. Im just crossing fingers that Pioneer didnt go the extra cheap way when assembling them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.