Crescendo Forte 15"s

Only way you gunna blow woofers is if you have dirty clipped signal... I've had 4 OA 15s on a dc 7.5k and no blows woofers... I had 4 Sa woofers on a crossfire 8k daily and no blown woofers... Only people that blow woofers are spl comp people burping 10000000watts or noobs with all the knobs turned to the right... Recone prices shouldnt matter because you shouldn't blow stuff up

Only way you gunna blow woofers is if you have dirty clipped signal... I've had 4 OA 15s on a dc 7.5k and no blows woofers... I had 4 Sa woofers on a crossfire 8k daily and no blown woofers... Only people that blow woofers are spl comp people burping 10000000watts or noobs with all the knobs turned to the right... Recone prices shouldnt matter because you shouldn't blow stuff up
lol right..

RMS power is typically white or pink noise for 8 hours

dynamic power is bust/peak power

typically you can take the 8 hour pink noise and double that for music applications as long as its not clipped + you get impedance rise and all that good stuff..

typically a 2.5 inch coil 50mm long can take 1200 for music but that's pushing its limits and you just have to be mindful.

like massive said if you have alot of clean power from a clean amp you wont have to worry much just don't clip it.

ive put many times the rated power on DD woofers atomic woofers and quite a few other woofers and that after impedance rise with no failure.

if you want a street beat system definitely go with something that has alot of cooling.. don't worry too much about the highest bL or efficiency figures. just get something with some good cooling.

personaly with 750-1k per driver Id go with the SSA audio gcon,, the forte looks nice too..

No, there aren't set standards that all brands go by to rate RMS. I think RMS is a garbage standard. It's useful to compare subs of the same brand to each other, but brands rate different. Some may use pink noise for a set amount of time, others see how much clamped power they can put through a sub, some theorize about power handling based on the coil they use, spider, and motor. It seems like lots of brands just throw out a random number, lol.

I just throw as much clean power I can at my subs.

I've got a 5" coil 24 and 3" coil neo 12 coming soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Each will get a turn on the TFE @ .5 nominal

No, there aren't set standards that all brands go by to rate RMS. I think RMS is a garbage standard. It's useful to compare subs of the same brand to each other, but brands rate different. Some may use pink noise for a set amount of time, others see how much clamped power they can put through a sub, some theorize about power handling based on the coil they use, spider, and motor. It seems like lots of brands just throw out a random number, lol.
I just throw as much clean power I can at my subs.

I've got a 5" coil 24 and 3" coil neo 12 coming soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Each will get a turn on the TFE @ .5 nominal
yes they do have regulations. but most people dont follow them. that standard is 8 hours of pink noise.

yes they do have regulations. but most people dont follow them. that standard is 8 hours of pink noise.
Who put the "regulations" in place? If "most people don't follow them", is it really a standard?

Companies like Sundown might rate products like that. I don't think EMF, Lanzar, ect. rates their products like that. No way an Ermagerd can take 5k clamped for 8 hours

Your not forced to use the standards only a very few do..

It's called AES (audio engineering society). Honestly it's way overkill but if everyone used it it would be easier to tell which product has lower power compression at any given power input..

I know what your saying I just want to let peeps know there is a standard.. car audio doesnt abide by any real standards..

But most companies derive ratings like you stated earlier. Put it in a box throw power ato it and what it takes without any problems that's what they call rms.. just to make it easier on the customer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.