Dodge Dakota Build Log

Is it legal to tint your brake lights and turning signals by the way? Because if it is I think I might do the same for my car.
I believe as long as they retain the same color (yellow/red) it should be legal.

I haven't heard any issues about this but it could be different in other states.

Truck is at the Dealership right now getting the AC Fixed.

My dad is testing out his new truck for the day.

2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 fully loaded 4x4 4.7L i-Force V8

Its a pretty *****en truck i must say, way better then what im getting. Ill post a pic of it later.

Anyways: 0awg ring terminals and dash install kit are still in the mail.

I need to put some $ in the bank so i can go order a pair of dekas, and ill hold off on the alt for now.

Been thinking about getting an HID Kit.. What do you guys think?

Also what is the differance between the $75 egay kit and the 125$ plus kits on the interwebs?

pics of dads new truck:

next to my truck

any opinions anyone?

Also, i was wondering instead of adding the hid in the headlights, if i could use the HID bulbs in a foglight housing?

If so id just buy 2 foglight housings and drop some HIDs in there when the time comes.

ps. ring terminals came in =)

bank will be closed by the time i can get my car back but tomorrow i will order 3 sets of these terminals i found. Seems like a good deal to me and they dont look to bad

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2006070/p-2006070/N-111+600000921+4294965545/c-10101

$4.99 per pair

G_16070G_SW_1.gif

i guess i have to post pictures to get any more responses huh...

well im cutting out the mdf rings for the tweeters atm.

Locked out of my house so i cant get in to test fit before i cut #2.

Will post pics tonight!

Pics of #1 tweeter ring

Fitting came out perfect!

Installed my old apline 9856

Was very impressed by the install, cleanest ive had so far.

Here are the pics:

Look at all that space!

Excuse the dust, we've had some weird weather lately =/

Ill wipe all that **** down when i have to pull it off to run the ipod and rca cables later.

this hobby is a ****ing money pit, just realized i need to order some deadener for the truck.. there goes my funds for the HIDs.

most likely 100ft^2 of fatmat should have me covered.

plan on doing the doors, roof(if it causes problems), rear panel(by truck bed), and floor.

Think 100ft is enough? i really dont want to spend more then 130$

I just ordered the 2x deka intimidators + 3x sets of those battery terminals. Hopefully they come soon.

I think im gonig to be looking for some more 0awg. LMK if anyone has some at a reasonable price. I have a 3 farad power acoustic capacitor id be willing to trade for some.

Been thinking about getting an HID Kit.. What do you guys think?

Also what is the differance between the $75 egay kit and the 125$ plus kits on the interwebs?

I cant say what the difference is but I always try to go with the better kits. Just did a set in my 02 QC and love them, They are 9007's High and Low. Retail on them is $375.

Going to do the fogs next but have to change the current ones from the 894 bulbs to H1 or the like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.