expensive mids

i know but to find an amp that will crossover like that is about equal to getting a seperate active crossover, isn't it? oh the thing with the watts, forgot about the gain knobs, sorry.
Not really... The a/d/s p450's would do it, and ikesound was clearing those out for 150... They would only give you 75x2 at two ohm, but still...

a/d/s, JL's slash units, Orions 4 channels, PPI's 4 channels, Directed's 4 channels are just a few that I found with minimal digging, I know there are more out there, but you should at least be able to expect decent quality out of all of those listed above. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif And a lot of decks out today will do it onboard, so that just adds to the capabilities already available if you get a deck that gives you that kind of control.

Trying to make it sound harder than it is, KISS.
Blah.....who does things the easy way? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I like the midrange on the bostons, it was really clear, maybe I just like the sound. Seems like most of the people on here are more "bass heavy" than me, so maybe the XXX are the better choice for the majority. Heck, I'd just do a 3 way, screw KISS.

agreed... that looks like a 2 way xover...

take a better pic of the xover, on your pic above there are 6 terminals on the crossover, I think there should be 8.

i didnt know. the model is "Satnet 642" i believe the person bought it ALL in one set NEW, so i dont know why there would be a wrong xover ?? also, if there are 6 inputs for wire, wouldnt that be correct coz 6 TOTAL leads PER each side ?? why do i need 8 ??????? thx!!

Ok...look at the crossover in this picture of the CL-641 3-way set on CDT's webpage:

CL-641-05_lg.gif

Then look at your crossovers. They don't appear to be the same. Plus on the webpage is says they have the "ES/HD-300" crossover.

looking at the picture , the crossover is for the midrange and the tweeters, not the midbass driver. $200 is still a sweet deal in my opinion. i think you could find someway to use midrange's man.

oh, i got it! so i need that EXTRA set of terminals for the input! i was thinking that pic looked odd too before. well since its a 2-way then, can i still run the 6.5/tweets with it and then run the 4" off an amp SEPERATELY ?? would that work?

Not really, since then the 4" and 6.5" would both be playing the same frequencies. The whole purpose of a 3-way comp set is to allow the 4" to pick up the midrange frequencies and keep the 6.5" dedicated to midbass. But, if the amp's internal crossovers would bandpass the 4", then it would *technically* work, though still far from ideal.

sqeaks little voice-"no". unless for the 6.5" you crossover the sub sonic(assuming the amp has one) at around 80hz and the low pass at ~250hz, Then get a ~250hz bass blocker for the 4" after it's gone thru the crossover, and then leave the tweet ran off the crossover too. Not ideal, but it would work.

squeak, you think it would be better to run the tweet and midrange off the x-over and use the amp to x-over the midbass?
hey man, whats up? yeah before getting those, i just happened to stumble across this prob. Claire is AWESOME to deal with, youre right!

anyways, i seen this and i thought maybe there was a small problem coz some said that it was a 2-way xover. im not sure if she got ANOTHER pair of xovers with that set or not, but i assume not or she would have said. when u do to there site, there is INDEED another xover in that set (sub/mid xover) along with this one ( tweet/mid) i hope i can get around this. that set looks great to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hopefully squeak can give an idea

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.