expensive mids

yeah man, i don't think she would intentionally leave that out. maybe it was an oversight by CDT. looking at the pics i see the difference in the 2. i actually have an active crossover that i'm selling that might work to x-over the 6.5 if you were interested. i paid $100 for it 2 years ago but used it for about 1 month. specs can be found here.

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/LiveImages/114/40/DocumentURL.pdf

you would have to ask one of the more technical ppl on here to see if that would work for you. $30 shipped. 16-CX25

yeah man, i don't think she would intentionally leave that out. maybe it was an oversight by CDT. looking at the pics i see the difference in the 2. i actually have an active crossover that i'm selling that might work to x-over the 6.5 if you were interested. i paid $100 for it 2 years ago but used it for about 1 month. specs can be found here.

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/LiveImages/114/40/DocumentURL.pdf

you would have to ask one of the more technical ppl on here to see if that would work for you. $30 shipped. 16-CX25
yeah im SURE she wouldnt leave it either. maybe ill ask her . i believe she got 'em thru ebay, so maybe you never know what some stores try and put together as a set.

yeah, i was wondering about that too! if ANOTHER brand of xover would work? this is my first time for xovers , so im still learning about this stuff. i REALLY dont want to buy another brand without making sure it is proper. butif so, yours sound like a great deal!! maybe u can hold it for me until i check all this out.

hopefully someone here will know

Who are you getting these from? Because IMHO it would be a lot easier if you could just get the 3-way xover for them. Maybe talk to CDT or the Zeb and find out if you can purchase just the xover. Or talk to the seller and find out why in the hell they don't have the 3-way xover for them.

Yes, you can make it work without them, but it'd be a bigger PITA.

Who are you getting these from? Because IMHO it would be a lot easier if you could just get the 3-way xover for them. Maybe talk to CDT or the Zeb and find out if you can purchase just the xover. Or talk to the seller and find out why in the hell they don't have the 3-way xover for them.
Yes, you can make it work without them, but it'd be a bigger PITA.
well a lady that i got introduced to has them up for sale, HOWEVER she got them previously NEW from ebay. now i think that may be the problem. maybe the ebay seller, didnt put them in the set, ONLY one pair. but i'd like to get them from her, coz they look mint plus she is a great person to deal with. so im trying my best to try and make this work out. AND since i live in canada and plus getting the CDT directly from the zeb, CDT, it would cost probably a good 100$. so thats why i was wondering if Bonesninja's xover might work???? he got a set for cheap!

well a lady that i got introduced to has them up for sale, HOWEVER she got them previously NEW from ebay. now i think that may be the problem. maybe the ebay seller, didnt put them in the set, ONLY one pair. but i'd like to get them from her, coz they look mint plus she is a great person to deal with. so im trying my best to try and make this work out. AND since i live in canada and plus getting the CDT directly from the zeb, CDT, it would cost probably a good 100$. so thats why i was wondering if Bonesninja's xover might work???? he got a set for cheap!
Mine is an actual active crossover--not a pair of passive one's like the ones that came with the CDT's. this is not speaker specific but is adjustable to fit your needs.

DSC00501.JPG

whats the difference between the 2, active/passive? if i got this one, does that mean i dont need the CDT's OR must i use both together? thx

better talk to one of the more technical types on here about that--my knowledge is somewhat limited in the area of crossovers. i'd hate to give you the wrong info.

Guys, just to let you know, that seller will NOT be able to authenticate anything he sells online. He had some 3 Arc Audio 2500-XXKs awhile back, and REFUSED to answer any of my inquiries regarding the serial number for the amps.

That seller = teh shady

Guys, just to let you know, that seller will NOT be able to authenticate anything he sells online. He had some 3 Arc Audio 2500-XXKs awhile back, and REFUSED to answer any of my inquiries regarding the serial number for the amps.
That seller = teh shady
who exactly are you referring to?

I don't know what your budget is but if you can afford one I would purchase a 3 way (active) x-over. Then you could crossover your 6.5 actively. Your high pass would be set at the lowest frequency your 4" mids can handle and the passives that came with that set would take care of the tweeter high pass. All in all it would make your entire system sound better.

Just a thought YO. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

He doesn't have the "wrong" crossover guys, he's missing a pair.

The set is supposed to come with a pair called SatNet and one pair called SubNet... There is a set of crossovers missing, but those are the right crossovers for the midrange and tweeter.

Personally man, why buy them? They aren't complete!

If you are set on them, does your deck have a high pass feature at all? Easiest solution would be to use a high pass off a deck, and then use a crossover on an amp to bandpass for the midwoofers... Problem being you need to know where the SatNet kicks in the midrange to really get it close, and because the slopes likely won't be the same, phasing issues may result - this really isn't a good idea - it may work but it may be more of a pain than it's worth dude.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.