headers and speed

You want a drastic increase in bottom end torque? Get a supercharger or turbo kit. Oh, and if you do, you might want to get eurothane motor mounts, a better clutch, and a limited slip diff.
A Jackson racing supercharger kit for a stock block Honda will get you about 60 more ft/lbs of torque, right at the bottom end.

Later.
Ummmm no, a turbo is better than a supercharger any day of the week for any application. A supercharger runs off the crank straining the motor for power where a turbo is driven by exhaust. Banks performance was doing testing to turbocharge top fuel cars, it didnt happen, why because there's not a transmission that can possibly take the power. It also, will not yield alot of low end torque if even hurt it.

If you want an import to go fast natural aspiration is not going to do it.

Secondly, a CRX with a B16 and 12lbs will run consistant mid 13's as compared to a loowwww 14 which isnt going to be pulled off anyway. Wow, Car and Driver turned a low 14. with a professional driver. Now in 2004 you get behind the wheel of that same car and it wont come close. I live 20 min.'s fromthe fastest 1/4 mile in the world and go just about everyweekend.

why have a 13 second car only on a full tank of nitrous when you can have a low 14 all the time. No, it is not only professional drivers either, hang around http://www.camaroz28.com and you will see people running low 14s all day long, with street tires. Some even break into the 13s. Add new gears, a torque convertor, and some nitto dr's and you will be low 13s maybe high 12s. That would cost around 1g and you would have that power on tap all the time.

The only reason I don't spray is because if I get something, I want to have it on tap all of the time. With nitrous, you spray a couple times and you are empty and have to go get it refilled. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Okay dude let me understand this, you interpreted 12lbs as nitrous, bottles are usually 10 and 20 lbs.? lbs of boost, Dude.

Screw that forum and the magazines, I can see it with my own eyes whenever I want.

A G, your serious. Okay, hypothetically a thousand dollars. A good converter, Yank, are over 700, gears 300 plus installation, Nittos drag radials are over 250 a piece. Wake up!!!!!! The gears are going to give you ass gas mileage, unless you like cruising at 3500-4000 at 70mph (4L60e), converter is going to render a short transmission life even w/ a cooler, unless your changing to a more aggresive cam, the stock 2200-2250 stall converter is fine.

Ummmm no, a turbo is better than a supercharger any day of the week for any application. A supercharger runs off the crank straining the motor for power where a turbo is driven by exhaust. Banks performance was doing testing to turbocharge top fuel cars, it didnt happen, why because there's not a transmission that can possibly take the power. It also, will not yield alot of low end torque if even hurt it.
No no no no. Do you have any idea how much power top fuel cars make? Why the hell would they turbocharge it? Do you know how large a turbo would have to be to make the same kind of power a top fuel car makes? That turbo would be the size of a watermelon and crank out more heat than the sun. And turbos are not always the best for everything. Ever heard of a thing called turbo lag? Your just trying to knock everything that you don't like.

EDIT: And another thing, top fuel cars don't have transmissions.....ass.

Okay dude let me understand this, you interpreted 12lbs as nitrous, bottles are usually 10 and 20 lbs.? lbs of boost, Dude.Screw that forum and the magazines, I can see it with my own eyes whenever I want.

A G, your serious. Okay, hypothetically a thousand dollars. A good converter, Yank, are over 700, gears 300 plus installation, Nittos drag radials are over 250 a piece. Wake up!!!!!! The gears are going to give you ass gas mileage, unless you like cruising at 3500-4000 at 70mph (4L60e), converter is going to render a short transmission life even w/ a cooler, unless your changing to a more aggresive cam, the stock 2200-2250 stall converter is fine.
Where the hell are you buying your **** from? I can get those tires for $150 a piece. Torque convertor for a camaro(LS1) will be no more than $500. Also, you can get gears(depended on brand and ratio) for less than $300.

No no no no. Do you have any idea how much power top fuel cars make? Why the hell would they turbocharge it? Do you know how large a turbo would have to be to make the same kind of power a top fuel car makes? That turbo would be the size of a watermelon and crank out more heat than the sun. And turbos are not always the best for everything. Ever heard of a thing called turbo lag? Your just trying to knock everything that you don't like.
EDIT: And another thing, top fuel cars don't have transmissions.....ass.
No no no no, you would turbocharge it to make it faster................Do you not understand that a supercharger is driven by the engine via a belt, when you turn your ac on does your car get slower, yes. Does it go faster when you eliminate the power steering yes. What is hard to understand.

They did do testing on this, and a turbo is a supercharger if you dont undertsnd that do your homework. I would rather have a LS1 w/the LS6 intake over any moderatley priced sports car so dont get me wrong I like domestic better just trying to prove a point to people who dont undertsnad thawt it doesnt take much to make a honda faster than a Z28, an engine is an engine. Look at what turbos do to LT1's and LS1's

Oh really, they dont have transmissions, sprint cars dont have transmissions, your an ass, Yes, they do have transmissions whats the lever on the right ass,a 2speed transmission shifter ass. Do your homework before you go off talking **** you dont know about.

And yes, turbo lag is can be avoided by high RPM launches and lowered by short intake and intercooler piping, ass

No no no no, you would turbocharge it to make it faster................Do you not understand that a supercharger is driven by the engine via a belt, when you turn your ac on does your car get slower, yes. Does it go faster when you eliminate the power steering yes. What is hard to understand. They did do testing on this, and a turbo is a supercharger if you dont undertsnd that do your homework. I would rather have a LS1 w/the LS6 intake over any moderatley priced sports car so dont get me wrong I like domestic better just trying to prove a point to people who dont undertsnad thawt it doesnt take much to make a honda faster than a Z28, an engine is an engine. Look at what turbos do to LT1's and LS1's
I'm not an idiot. I do know the difference between a turbo and a supercharger. If they were so much better then top fuel cars would use them, but the hassles they would have to go through to get the same type of performance out of a turbo wouldn't be worth the money and hassle when superchargers have been such strong performers.

How the hell would turbocharging make it faster. It all depends on the engine setup and what its going to be used for. I myself would MUCH rather run a supercharger on a street engine.

Oh really, they dont have transmissions, sprint cars dont have transmissions, your an ass, Yes, they do have transmissions whats the lever on the right ass,a 2speed transmission shifter ass. Do your homework before you go off talking **** you dont know about.
And yes, turbo lag is can be avoided by high RPM launches and lowered by short intake and intercooler piping, ass
They don't have transmissions you idiot. They have a series of clutch plates that lock up the engine to the axle. *******. I've been in a top fuel car's pit and seen the innards of a car. Take a look at any in car video of a top fuel dragster or funny car, they don't shift. Pull your head out of your ass.

The only 2 speed trannys that are used for racing often are Powerglides, which will be nowhere near a top fuel car.

And turbo lag depends on the engine and turbo size. Do you even know what turbo lag is? Obviously you don't if you think the intercooler and piping length make a difference. The only correct thing you said was high RPM launches.

Don't even get me started on domestic cars because i will rip you to pieces.

Gears for 300 fine, find someone to install them for less than 300. The 275/45zr17's are not 150. and a yank converter is 700+
Install them yourself, like a real mechanic.

And about the tires, my bad, they are $160 a piece //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?step=details&source=brand&index=3&productCodeIndex=40135

As for the convertor, i was quoting the price of a B&M convertor, a VERY respected company.

Goodbye, and don't bother posting in this thread again.

im not the one to take inhumanacura's side, but installing rearend gears isnt the easiest thing to do...you have to have them lined up perfectly! if not then you will just grind them out...

im not the one to take inhumanacura's side, but installing rearend gears isnt the easiest thing to do...you have to have them lined up perfectly! if not then you will just grind them out...
Its not hard if you are patient and know what you are doing.

I'm not an idiot. I do know the difference between a turbo and a supercharger. If they were so much better then top fuel cars would use them, but the hassles they would have to go through to get the same type of performance out of a turbo wouldn't be worth the money and hassle when superchargers have been such strong performers.
How the hell would turbocharging make it faster. It all depends on the engine setup and what its going to be used for. I myself would MUCH rather run a supercharger on a street engine.
Okay, if know the difference you should come to the realization that a turbo is more efficient than a supercharger. Horse power and torque are concieved by efficientcy. How have dragsters come so far from where they started if its not worth the hassle.

Like i said it makes more power because its doesnt recieve driving force from the crankshaft. A turbo is a centrifugial supercharger that runs from exhaust. Yes, for once are correct it does depend on the motors internals. The supercharger and turbocharger do the same thing other than the turbo isnt driven by the crank. The low compression that a supercharged motor needs is the identical conditions that the turbo requires. A 60hp gain from that Jackson on a Honda doesnt seem all to impressive, but if you mill the head or swap for lower compression pistons the gain will far exceed that 60hp mark. I respect your opinion on what you would rather drive, but obviosly your just bashing what you dont like, I dont know how to get this through your skull but, A TURBO IS BETTER, no if and or buts. Look what the IHRA is being dominated by.

Okay, if know the difference you should come to the realization that a turbo is more efficient than a supercharger. Horse power and torque are concieved by efficientcy. How have dragsters come so far from where they started if its not worth the hassle.
Like i said it makes more power because its doesnt recieve driving force from the crankshaft. A turbo is a centrifugial supercharger that runs from exhaust. Yes, for once are correct it does depend on the motors internals. The supercharger and turbocharger do the same thing other than the turbo isnt driven by the crank. The low compression that a supercharged motor needs is the identical conditions that the turbo requires. A 60hp gain from that Jackson on a Honda doesnt seem all to impressive, but if you mill the head or swap for lower compression pistons the gain will far exceed that 60hp mark. I respect your opinion on what you would rather drive, but obviosly your just bashing what you dont like, I dont know how to get this through your skull but, A TURBO IS BETTER, no if and or buts. Look what the IHRA is being dominated by.
You take your turbo, i'll take my supercharger. IHRA....bah. If they were so much better top fuel cars would start using them in extremely high horsepower applications. And a turbo is NOT better, quit saying that. For some applications, yes, but not all.

EDIT: And don't be a hypocrite. You are just bashing what you don't like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mikewagon

mikewagon
los angeles
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
CWT