headers and speed

Install them yourself, like a real mechanic.
And about the tires, my bad, they are $160 a piece //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?step=details&source=brand&index=3&productCodeIndex=40135

As for the convertor, i was quoting the price of a B&M convertor, a VERY respected company.

Goodbye, and don't bother posting in this thread again.
Okay, thats fine. I paid more than that because i dont have a tire mounting machine in my toolbox. :roll eyes (thats pretty cool buddy)As for the converter, the Yank is proven the best out of all of them.

Okay, thats fine. I paid more than that because i dont have a tire mounting machine in my toolbox. :roll eyes (thats pretty cool buddy)As for the converter, the Yank is proven the best out of all of them.
So, $160 a piece for the tires. I paid $85 for ALL 4 of my tires to be mounted. So now we are looking at $181.25 a piece for an installed tire. Still nowhere near $250.

As for the convertor, you don't have to get the best out there to still get great performance out of it.

They don't have transmissions you idiot. They have a series of clutch plates that lock up the engine to the axle. *******. I've been in a top fuel car's pit and seen the innards of a car. Take a look at any in car video of a top fuel dragster or funny car, they don't shift. Pull your head out of your ass.
The only 2 speed trannys that are used for racing often are Powerglides, which will be nowhere near a top fuel car.

And turbo lag depends on the engine and turbo size. Do you even know what turbo lag is? Obviously you don't if you think the intercooler and piping length make a difference. The only correct thing you said was high RPM launches.

Don't even get me started on domestic cars because i will rip you to pieces.
Wow, I have also sat on the cockpit of a top fuel car. And they do have transmissions they are driven by air and a shifter located on the right side of the driver., if you have seen a top fuel car up close you would notice the bottle holding the compressed air for it, looks like a NOS bottle.

Obviosly YOU do not know what turbo lag is.... How exactly would you a master "domestic mechanic" minimize lag..do tell....

Turbo lag is created do to the fact that the boost driven from he turbo to the manifold takes a while to run through the filter, through the turbo, through the lower IC pipe, throught the intercooler, through the uppper IC pipe through the throttle body. By making the path for the air to travel shorter, boost will be cretaed earlier in the RPM range. Obviosly the higher the RPM the more boost and faster air travel.

What were discussing is not limited to imports, its about effientcy nothing more nothing less. Making power in a honda and ford is the same.

Please get started with domestic cars, please. I have been restoring and building cars since i was like 3 years old so bring it smart guy, your so knowledgable:rolls eyes

A TURBO IS BETTER, explain to me any appliaction on the planet earth involving a internal combustion engine that would gain more power from a LESS EFFICIENT component (SC), as opposed to a MORE EFFICIENT one (TC). DO YOU NOT UNDERTSAND WHERE POWER COMES FROM.

Wow, I have also sat on the cockpit of a top fuel car. And they do have transmissions they are driven by air and a shifter located on the right side of the driver., if you have seen a top fuel car up close you would notice the bottle holding the compressed air for it, looks like a NOS bottle.
Obviosly YOU do not know what turbo lag is.... How exactly would you a master "domestic mechanic" minimize lag..do tell....

Turbo lag is created do to the fact that the boost driven from he turbo to the manifold takes a while to run through the filter, through the turbo, through the lower IC pipe, throught the intercooler, through the uppper IC pipe through the throttle body. By making the path for the air to travel shorter, boost will be cretaed earlier in the RPM range. Obviosly the higher the RPM the more boost and faster air travel.

What were discussing is not limited to imports, its about effientcy nothing more nothing less. Making power in a honda and ford is the same.

Please get started with domestic cars, please. I have been restoring and building cars since i was like 3 years old so bring it smart guy, your so knowledgable:rolls eyes
Obviously you WEREN'T in a top fuel car if it was setup like that. By chance, whose car was it? Pics of the car? ANY top fuel car or dragster will have pics up on the net seeing as its not that big a group of people.

Ugh, turbo lag is the time is takes for the turbo to spool up to get full boost.

Where would you like me to start on domestic cars. My dad has more knowledge that he has taught me than you can even imagine.

I've about had it with this thread.

Obviously you WEREN'T in a top fuel car if it was setup like that. By chance, whose car was it? Pics of the car? ANY top fuel car or dragster will have pics up on the net seeing as its not that big a group of people.
Ugh, turbo lag is the time is takes for the turbo to spool up to get full boost.

Where would you like me to start on domestic cars. My dad has more knowledge that he has taught me than you can even imagine.

I've about had it with this thread.
It was the Arco top fuel car, no I dont have pics, you? Show me a picture of a transmissionless top fuel car that can run to 350 mph in one gear.

No, turbo lag is not the time that the turbo takes to make full boost. Okay, look at what you said, have you heard of superlag? Do superchargers develope full power at idle? My dad can beat up your dad, gimme a break. This thread grows tiring because you really dont know what your talking about and your confused.

Start with a domestic car that developes more power with a supercharger rather than a turbo.....................go ahead..

I have tried on a GM 8.5" 10 bolt but couldnt get the pinion and ring to line up after hours of ****ing with the races. So if you can do it which I doubt, good for you but id rather spend the 300 for the install rather than ****ing them up, buying another set and paying the 300. Also, im sorry about the misquote on the tires, when I bought mine I went to Discount and bought them and had them put on, so I didnt shop the internet.

It was the Arco top fuel car, no I dont have pics, you? Show me a picture of a transmissionless top fuel car that can run to 350 mph in one gear.
No, turbo lag is not the time that the turbo takes to make full boost. Okay, look at what you said, have you heard of superlag? Do superchargers develope full power at idle? My dad can beat up your dad, gimme a break. This thread grows tiring because you really dont know what your talking about and your confused.

Start with a domestic car that developes more power with a supercharger rather than a turbo.....................go ahead..

I have tried on a GM 8.5" 10 bolt but couldnt get the pinion and ring to line up after hours of ****ing with the races. So if you can do it which I doubt, good for you but id rather spend the 300 for the install rather than ****ing them up, buying another set and paying the 300. Also, im sorry about the misquote on the tires, when I bought mine I went to Discount and bought them and had them put on, so I didnt shop the internet.
http://www.creasyfamilyracing.com/car.htm

Thats the car i was a foot away from while they tore it apart. They are friends of the family. Now....where's your proof?

And YES, turbo lag is the time it takes for the turbo to come to full boost. Superchargers don't have lag because they aren't powered by air turning an impellor, they are turned by the motor. As the motor RPM's increases, so does the superchargers. Not the same for a turbo, it's boost increases as the impellor speed increases, which isn't instantaneous like a superchargers speed is. It takes a while for the turbo to spool up to it's full boost. Why don't you read some articles on it. Search "turbo lag" in a search engine and you will get hundreds of results.

And as for the transmissionless top fuel car, it has A tranny per se, but not in the mentality that you perceive it. It doesn't have gears, it has a series of clutch plates that engage the motor DIRECTLY to the rearend. Watch a top fuel race with an incar camera, the driver doesnt shift.....BECAUSE HE DOESNT HAVE TO.

I'm trying to find a picture.

Ah, screw it. I don't feel like arguing anymore. If you want to post a reply, whatever. I don't care anymore.

No need, you notice that it says

Transmission:Lenko

You would think if it didnt have a transmission it wouldnt say Transmission:, wouldnt you, oh I must be crazy. And Im sorry I do watch NHRA and they do shift asswad.

I think its funny your to hard headed to realize your wrong, everything you have fronted on me about youve been wrong about, oh wait the tires. You can restate your theory on turbo lag all you want, it doesnt make it true.

Yet to be confronted:

How would you minimize turbo lag if the length the air travels is insignificant?

Wheres your better than turbo application?

ect, ect.?

No need, you notice that it says Transmission:Lenko

You would think if it didnt have a transmission it wouldnt say Transmission:, wouldnt you, oh I must be crazy. And Im sorry I do watch NHRA and they do shift asswad.

I think its funny your to hard headed to realize your wrong, everything you have fronted on me about youve been wrong about, oh wait the tires. You can restate your theory on turbo lag all you want, it doesnt make it true.

Yet to be confronted:

How would you minimize turbo lag if the length the air travels is insignificant?

Wheres your better than turbo application?

ect, ect.?
Just because it says Lenco transmisssion doesn't mean its the transmission you're thinking of. I said it is a tranny, per se, but not in the sense that you are thinking of.

Think of it this way, i say i have Pioneer speakers. That can be as simple as a subwoofer, or it can be as complicated as a tower with 2 woofers, a midrange, and 2 tweeters. Both are still considered "speakers" though.

Turbo lag is less as the turbo gets smaller. Thats why some applications use 2 smaller turbos instead of one big ass turbo.

As for the better with a turbo thing, give me a car that performs better with a turbo than a supercharger. And don't give me some car that has a turbo stock on it, i want a car that doesn't have either and give me numbers. Also, do this on a cost basis, meaning that the cost to implement the turbo or supercharger is the same, then see which one puts out more power.

Can we please just let this thread die?

Im sorry im confused are you the same person who said

"top fuel cars dont have transmissions-ass", because now you say the have a transmission per-say. The "proof" we will call it only favors my side by saying TRANSMISSION:LENKO, so basically you thought you knew more and you would interject with all your infinite knowledge and make me look stupid. F U C K U. You dont know ****

Any internal combustion on the face of this planet will benefit greater from a turbo rather than a supercharger, bar none. You could put a supercharger on a ****ing lawn mower and then a turbo and the turbo would be better.(rolls eyes)

Fine, let this thread die It doesnt change the fact that Im correct and your not.

Im sorry im confused are you the same person who said"top fuel cars dont have transmissions-ass", because now you say the have a transmission per-say. The "proof" we will call it only favors my side by saying TRANSMISSION:LENKO, so basically you thought you knew more and you would interject with all your infinite knowledge and make me look stupid. F U C K U. You dont know ****

Any internal combustion on the face of this planet will benefit greater from a turbo rather than a supercharger, bar none. You could put a supercharger on a ****ing lawn mower and then a turbo and the turbo would be better.(rolls eyes)

Fine, let this thread die It doesnt change the fact that Im correct and your not.
Jesus christ. Fine, it's not a transmission. How about that. What the hell else could they call it.

So you go F*CK YOURSELF. Turbos have their place and so do superchargers. How the hell can you keep saying that EVERYTHING would benefit from a turbo. If that was true everything would have a turbo on it.

You are one arrogant self-centered egotistical *******. Eat **** and die.

Well, I sure am glad that ended on a good note. :thumbsup
Sorry for starting this war, I am to blame because I am uninformed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smash.gif.499e08a4a35ffaf54f4c8194fb8fe8ed.gif
Don't blame yourself. It's this kid who is all over turbo's dick.

Jesus christ. Fine, it's not a transmission. How about that. What the hell else could they call it.
So you go F*CK YOURSELF. Turbos have their place and so do superchargers. How the hell can you keep saying that EVERYTHING would benefit from a turbo. If that was true everything would have a turbo on it.

You are one arrogant self-centered egotistical *******. Eat **** and die.
Jesus Christ, you would think if Top Fuel cars didnt have transmissions it wouldnt say transmission. How about that. So once again F U C K U

EVERYTHING can benefit from a turbo thats why...........The R&D for manu. is less for superchargers b/c they have less parts. Look at racing dude, do you not see how turbos are taking over.

I dont see how any of this could result in me being self centered (maybe I am, id rather buy an amp, than a Chi iron for my girlfriend) Im not egotistical, I simply stated my opinion and you "master mechanic, Mr. my dad can beat your Dad up" came up with some non-fact supported ********. I dont think that the smell of **** will intice me to eat it, and I was looking at some internet site that said im not going to die until 2042. But, hey maybe on my way home from work, the rodeo is making things kind of crazy downtown.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mikewagon

mikewagon
los angeles
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
CWT