How does kicker do it??

Well the L5's/L7's are sorry too, because they think you sound like ass
LOL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif I don't mind the evergoing l5/l7 sq dispute but anyone have answers to my 2 questions?

wha were they again?lol
lol

won't be upgrading my sub for a while, so I'm keeping my L5 for a while, just wondering how to get the most out of it. Upgrading the amp soon so power shouldn't be a factor, im guessing put it in one of the kicker recommended sealed boxes?
1) any suggestions on which one to go with between the kicker recommended sealed sizes?

2) any other factors about getting the most sq outta the L5? My other guess would be having adequete power but I should be fine with that.. anything else?

I went from a pair of 12" RL-Is with 1.25 cubes each sealed powered with 500 watts rms each to a pair of 12" L7s with 2.5 cubes each tuned to 36 hz. I can honestly say the L7s sound quality doesnt sound that much worse than the rlis did. It's all about the install, as mentioned in this thread like 20 times already haha.

I went from a pair of 12" RL-Is with 1.25 cubes each sealed powered with 500 watts rms each to a pair of 12" L7s with 2.5 cubes each tuned to 36 hz. I can honestly say the L7s sound quality doesnt sound that much worse than the rlis did. It's all about the install, as mentioned in this thread like 20 times already haha.
lol appreciate the reply but could everyone be specific after saying "it's all about the install" and mention any factors other than box size and power (if there are any)? haha I don't know what to take from your reply though, your box is ported and at 36hz at that (some would say high for sq)

I guess I'll answer this the best I can. First off, the substage of a SQ install is probably the least important area the competitors worry about. A sub's frequency range in a SQ install is very limited, they are usually crossed over at 60hz or less. Meaning they honestly aren't reproducing much musical information (no sub is really). Judges are much more concerned about the front stage. Getting the tonality right on a singers voice is much harder than getting a the lowend of a kickdrum. Producing a proper stage width and height are also a major concern, again very little of this involves the sub, once you get it to blend well your done. Basically a full blown SQ install worries about EVERYTHING else before they worry about sub-bass, it's darn near an afterthought in some cases. Beyond this, SQ competitions don't require a high volume level. Even a cheap sub can usually produce clean bass at the required levels. Its not that SQ and bass don't go together, but it's definetly not even close to the most important thing involved.

Even the parts of the music usually associated with the subs get most of their texture and tonality from the harmonics of the subbass freqs that are reproduced by the midbasses and midranges. As long as the subs aren't flopping about wildly in the back and aren't turned up too loud for the rest of the system, they won't take too much away from the front stage and don't greatly impact the overall SQ of the install.

95% install 5% product.Answer your question? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
i honestly think that statement is a little too lopsided....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.