Knu is ridiculous

yes it is. thats why all of the knu in my car is the Flex which is ofc. and thats the wire i was talking about.
The knu 1/0 OFC is $4/foot, the knu 1/0 CCA is $2/foot, and 1/0 OFC welding cable is $2/foot.

That's what I was referring to. CCA has less than 70% of the current capacity of OFC, so the 1/0 the OP bought is equal to 2ga OFC welding cable ($1.75/foot).

The knu 1/0 OFC is $4/foot, the knu 1/0 CCA is $2/foot, and 1/0 OFC welding cable is $2/foot.
That's what I was referring to. CCA has less than 70% of the current capacity of OFC, so the 1/0 the OP bought is equal to 2ga OFC welding cable ($1.75/foot).
i know the specs. but i wasnt talking cca either. ill take a run of the same size that will handle more. (didnt realize at the time a made the first post in this set that op had cca)

Either way i was more impressed of there speaker wire lol

no need for secrets bro...
Ok fine... I'm only running ~1k total, 600 from mono and ~350 4ch

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

But i guess I will be set incase of upgrades down the line.

Ok fine... I'm only running ~1k total, 600 from mono and ~350 4ch 

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

But i guess I will be set incase of upgrades down the line.
nothing wrong with a 1k setup. install is 90% of the sound so just make sure that part is solid.

nothing wrong with a 1k setup. install is 90% of the sound so just make sure that part is solid.
Yea this is going to be my first install... I'm Just nervous on taking the molding/dash apart, the wiring I'm pretty sure i got it down. I have been reading the stickies non stop lol

I use welding cable. $2/foot for 1/0 FTW, and it's the same thing. It'll tie knots and do everything the knu stuff will for half of the price.
If you can find a place that carries it locally, you can save some money over the knu stuff. It even comes in up to 4/0, although I haven't seen an amp or distro block with a 4/0 input yet, it's huge.
Yup, I have used all the good brands like Knu, Stinger, etc and loved the products. I did switch over the Trystar welding cable a few years back. It's the same thing, but I can get it a choice of 30 colors and get custom printing.

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dooski

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
dooski
buffalo, ny
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date