Knu is ridiculous

but put the knu 1/0 and the welding 1/0 side by side. and just for giggles post them up for us. then get us a strand count on both, i can tell you the knu is 5145 for the 1/0. i would lay money on the welding cable be a good be less.
and im speaking of the Kolossus Flex 1/0
Strand count does is subjective, one wire can have more strand count, but it depends on the diameter of each strand. Here's a pic:

From left to right: Metra 1/0, Stinger 1/0, Knu Kolossus 1/0, 2/0 Trystar Welding Wire, 2/0 Welding Wire.

The Trystar is 2/0, but was still only $2.20 per ft and the shipping was free.

IMG_0622.jpg

Are we really going down this road again?

99% of what you all are talking about will make no difference in your applications. Very few of any of you really need 4 gauge much less 1/0 or 2/0.

With that said, the difference in the wires being discussed comes down to personal preference. To my knowledge non of you have any way to test your theories of which is better anyway, so this is a never ending debate.

The knu 1/0 OFC is $4/foot, the knu 1/0 CCA is $2/foot, and 1/0 OFC welding cable is $2/foot.
That's what I was referring to. CCA has less than 70% of the current capacity of OFC, so the 1/0 the OP bought is equal to 2ga OFC welding cable ($1.75/foot).
The Knu OFC is also oversized, helping to make up for the difference while still maintaining a good price point. Honestly, you'll never know the difference unless you're pushing the capacity of the wire to it's limits.

you will notice a difference when you run the cca to a 3 or 4k amp 17' and try to burp.

cca is good for voice coils only.

its cheap, only reason it is made...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dooski

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
dooski
buffalo, ny
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date