Lightweight Sub?

somebody mentioned it above, subs and racing = no no for a fwd car. the big problem will be your new weight distribution causing you to have less traction on your front wheels. doing something as simple as moving your battery to your trunk will have a negative affect on your traction. imagine a 100 pound object in your trunk.

My friend has a Integra GSR. He races it at the track with subs and everything. Not worth the hassle in pulling it out, since its his daily driver street car. Has a big bandpass box in it too.

He ran 12.6@126mph with subs in it. My car runs mid 11s with a stereo in it, so unless you want to run 10s, just put whatever stereo you want in it, and be happy.

maybe i'm a little late on this thread but......

if a subwoofer box is enough to slow your car down, it's probably time to start upgrading the motor a bit

well weight is weight. whether its in your gut or the trunk. if someone is serious about their 1/4 time or about street racing they should either take the box out or add lighter rims or something to offset the weight difference.

My friend has a Integra GSR. He races it at the track with subs and everything. Not worth the hassle in pulling it out, since its his daily driver street car. Has a big bandpass box in it too.
He ran 12.6@126mph with subs in it. My car runs mid 11s with a stereo in it, so unless you want to run 10s, just put whatever stereo you want in it, and be happy.
Is that GSR all motor or is he using forced induction?

Of course its forced induction. I don't think there is a full weight street GSR anywhere running 126+ traps all motor. Most v8s can't run that all motor let alone a 1.6L honda.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.