Mag V4 Discontinued.. :(

Whose bob carver some background what subs he come out with? I googled him but it's all about amps.
He was mostly amps, but he patented any driver that had more than 10mm total excursion I believe. Klipsch, JBL etc. challenged it and were able to get it thrown out based on prior art but he did have the patent for awhile.

Whose bob carver some background what subs he come out with? I googled him but it's all about amps.
My God I hope you are kidding.

Bob Carver? Carver audio? Sunfire Audio? Nothing?

Go read a **** booked and get off the internet.

Exactly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What are these "books" you speak of? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Kef

This whole sq competition arguing is as ridiculous as it has always been. SQ competitions are not about what is most accurate; they are about what the judge subjectively prefers. It amazes me that people here say they want accuracy, but they don't want a vehicle that measures appropriately at the listening position (part of which includes flat response).

About as ridiculous as praising a sub because it has a flat response up to 500hz. Come on Neil, anything based upon "listening" is going to be subjective. No meter, or RTA can tell someone what sounds "right" or "good". I stated competition after it was brought up about sq systems being tuned flat. which is completely and utterly false. Big difference between a flat tune, and a flat response //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If 100 sq judges say a system sounds the best, and 100 other random people say a different stereo sounds the best... who is right?
Does it sound good to you? It's yours, your the one that matters right? Welcome to the world of subjectivity. Have a coke and please wait in the office //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If 100 sq judges say a system sounds the best, and 100 other random people say a different stereo sounds the best... who is right?
If by best you mean "most accurate reproduction", then neither is a good judge.

Wow, dumbest statement I have heard pretty much ever. If they wanted it to sound different don't you think they would have recorded it that way? What they put down was how they wanted it to sound or tehy wouldn't have recorded it that, Jesus Christ you really are a moron.
and you're a moron for being a lemming and not playing it how YOU want it to sound //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Sry I'm not into home audio like everyone else on this forum. I stick to car because that's mostly what I'm in during the day, and don't have the convienence of a house my neighbors will call the cops if I play something to loud. What books are about him what's he done besides owning a patent that got throw out in subwoofers.

Sry I'm not into home audio like everyone else on this forum. I stick to car because that's mostly what I'm in during the day, and don't have the convienence of a house my neighbors will call the cops if I play something to loud. What books are about him what's he done besides owning a patent that got throw out in subwoofers.
He was one of the biggest names in home audio. He invented s lot of things and was one of the pioneers of switching amps. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Carver

He did a lot for home theater and amplifiers. He didn't design his subs he had thilo design em. Don't sound like he's to important to be talked about on this forum mainly car audio and subwoofer talk here.

Don't sound like he's to important to be talked about on this forum mainly car audio and subwoofer talk here.
There's history behind what's being talked about here. Would do a lot of people good to realize that there's more than Steve Meade contributing to the development of the industry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.