Mag V4 Discontinued.. :(

No, but we can try and convert the heathens //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif But yea, I relly like my Mag. I am going to be testing an AE AV12 to see if I like it better. There are a ton more that I would love to test, DLS, Rainbow, ID, Dynaudio and Morel but I am poor and can't afford it, lol.
yea i can relate to that, im 4 or 5 grand deep and still not finished. Im done with this thread gona go do something useful liek wack my bag:crazy:

Man I miss the days when subwoofers were just subwoofers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Like prior to 2001 when IMO the W7 started this "super woofer" trend? Yea, me too.

Don't take offense man, I wasn't directing at you specifically. You just happened to have posted lol. I have seen it several times here, and heard it first hand at a few shows. Going into a comp with a system tuned flat on an RTA will get you your arse handed to you very quickly. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Nah, it's fine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Interesting. I've never wanted to compete, nor had the budget, so I never knew that.

Which is sad because that system is then not reproducing what was recorded, but what you wish would have been recorded. I think SQ should be the goal to get closest to the original recording, but sadly it has been getting away from that.
And who is to say how the recording was SUPPOSED to sound, except those who recorded it?? This is one of my biggest issues with 'SQ people'.

its great that you're happy with your equipment, and that you talk to the owner of SI and AE a good bit. But all of your nut hugging and the fact that you think your special because you talk to the owners is pathetic lmao. The fact that you put down on people who have different goals in mind than you makes you look like an idiot. So what if i like a 140db+ system? Thats what i want. You like your sq and thats cool, i like a little bit too. But if you think its a problem that people like high spl, then you're on the wrong forum lol
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif

Man I miss the days when subwoofers were just subwoofers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

that is all personal preference, unless you plan to compete, sq is very subjective and the "color" that you find annoying from a driver may sound great to someone else. honestly to each his own;)
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/2thumbs.gif.fdc3ba010dbb42b61704534b46d02fe4.gif

Nah, it's fine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Interesting. I've never wanted to compete, nor had the budget, so I never knew that.

And who is to say how the recording was SUPPOSED to sound, except those who recorded it?? This is one of my biggest issues with 'SQ people'.
Wow, dumbest statement I have heard pretty much ever. If they wanted it to sound different don't you think they would have recorded it that way? What they put down was how they wanted it to sound or tehy wouldn't have recorded it that, Jesus Christ you really are a moron.

Wow, dumbest statement I have heard pretty much ever. If they wanted it to sound different don't you think they would have recorded it that way? What they put down was how they wanted it to sound or tehy wouldn't have recorded it that, Jesus Christ you really are a moron.
Again - who are you to decide what a recording is SUPPOSED to sound like??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Again - who are you to decide what a recording is SUPPOSED to sound like??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
I'm not, I'm playing it as it was recorded, you are the one deciding how it sounds by changing what was recorded, I mean, I don't get how you can't get that into your head, are you really that dense?

I'm not, I'm playing it as it was recorded, you are the one deciding how it sounds by changing what was recorded, I mean, I don't get how you can't get that into your head, are you really that dense?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

unless you were there while they recorded the track, you have no idea if you are playing it "as it was recorded" or not.

I think he is talking about compressed audio and stuff.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
unless you were there while they recorded the track, you have no idea if you are playing it "as it was recorded" or not.
Not adding extra colorations of the drivers is a good start to doing that, using colored drivers definitely doesn't help.

Seriously, why did the AE *****fest have to spill into this as well?

This is just a general statement, but **** guys give it up. Some people don't like it the way certain drivers sound, and some do. Some people's perception of "sound quality" is far different than others.

It's not like one user is going to ruin it for everyone. A few blown AE woofers doesn't mean John isn't going to produce them anymore, though I guess some people take that route (not a low shot, just calling it as I see it).

I personally very much enjoy how my DIYMA sounds, and ultimately the Mag V4 as owners of both said they sound nearly identical, but their sound is definitely not for everyone, just as for me 99% of the subwoofers on the market would not fit my goals.

Not adding extra colorations of the drivers is a good start to doing that, using colored drivers definitely doesn't help.
'Colored' drivers? Seriously??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

No, but we can try and convert the heathens //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif But yea, I relly like my Mag. I am going to be testing an AE AV12 to see if I like it better. There are a ton more that I would love to test, DLS, Rainbow, ID, Dynaudio and Morel but I am poor and can't afford it, lol.
I've only deadened one vehicle to the point of being halfway acceptable for a half ass listening environment. A noisy moving vehicle ***** for trying to attain what I consider good quality in a system, even windows up. Thats what a house is for.

After going through the trouble of properly deadening a vehicle I will never do it again. Nowadays my idea of a successful vehicle system is one that is loud enough to overcome noise while doing 85mph down the highway with the windows down and still be able to recognize the song.

To me chasing a great SQ setup in a car isn't really worth the work. Rarely do I listen to my system with the car in park or at low speeds. If I am going low speeds I am probably paying more attention to traffic than the detail of the music my system is putting out.

So i've joined the camp of loud = win, and can fully understand why the market is what it is today. (except for the part about wanting a driver just because it can take xxxx watts, buying a woofer on input alone is dumb not considering output)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.