Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

Alright the stuff is shipped and on the way, woot. Stock fuse is 100a so i figured 100a for the 1/0, any problems here?

Just a thought, I'm running 0/1 out to my amps (then distro'd to 4ga). I know its overkill, since I'm only running ~800 watts, but what gauge should I use for my big 3? I have tons of 4 gauge lying around, and dont want to buy more 0/1, would I be safe to just run 4? or maybe dual 4?

quick question,

if were to use 0/1 gauge from the alt to bat. would it be safe to do two runs of 4 gauge for the grounds? i have quite a bit of 4 gauge and since i have a CRX i do not need a lot of length in the alt to bat. i do not want to buy more if i really do not need to.

Does it help to only do parts of the whole thing? B/c I don't really want to spend all the money it would take to run a wire from the trunk to the alt. Right now the pos. and neg. battery wires are very big, I'm not sure the gauge but they are quite large...

So basically I'm asking, would it do anything to just do the last step? And would you want to be using 1/0g for this? or would 4g work? And why do you need to go from engine to "non-essential" and engine to chassis?

there were three wires going to my + bat term before i did anything. I was thinking about adding a 3 0ga input t block and run one to the alt+, one end to the rear, and the last end to a 300a anl fuse then to the + bat term. This will eliminate 1 o ga wire going to the bat as well as eliminate the 2nd inline fus to the alt.

But is this a good ideal??????

THis i what i will be doing for my big 3.I will be running a 1500watt rms mtx w/ a FI Q.

So you have from the alt-battery positive.

Then from block to chasis.

Then from batt neg-chasis.

I will be using the same chasis bolt is that ok?Also I will be fusing the alt-batt wire for extra precaution.I will be using a 200amp fuse for that all being done with 0gauge.

DSC01215ss.jpg

DSC01216sss.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...