Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

DSC01215ss.jpg
Is the black plastic part on the alternator the positive?

I wanted to take a pic but my camera is dead!

I used 1/0 awg from KnuKonceptz. I do have 14.5 ish volts running accross the poles on the battery, and it only drops about 1 v when it hits.... but it does result in dimming. Come to think of it, the lights dim ever so slightly, for a split second when I use the power windows too (without the stereo on). Do you know if Partsource does free electrical system checkups?
I know the above is an old post, but my lights too dim slightly when I roll down my windows up and down with music off of course. I drive a 99 camry xle v6 with stock electrical. Is it normal for this to happen?

hey guys, new here and i have not read everything on the site. but i do have a question, i have a 91 chevy p/u, i ran 4awg wire to my cap, it has digital readout. and i am getting 14.96 volts at the cap. and it never drops below 14.3v.

i dont have a dimming problem yet, but right now i have a rockford p2002 amp running one 10 inch sub, and i am fixing to install another p2002 amp for my 6.5 in alpine components, and an older mtx 250 amp for my 4x6 pioneer plates. and it will all run off my cap.

should i expect to have to do the big 3? and why does every one keep saying to get rid of the capacitors? shouldnt they help if they sell them?

also i want to install another battery if i do end up getting the dimming light thing (which i cant stand when it happens)

do i just run wires from my exghisting battery to it then to my amps or do i have to get some from the alternator to the 2nd battery? thanks for any help and sorry if i got off topic a little.

hey guys, new here and i have not read everything on the site. but i do have a question, i have a 91 chevy p/u, i ran 4awg wire to my cap, it has digital readout. and i am getting 14.96 volts at the cap. and it never drops below 14.3v.
i dont have a dimming problem yet, but right now i have a rockford p2002 amp running one 10 inch sub, and i am fixing to install another p2002 amp for my 6.5 in alpine components, and an older mtx 250 amp for my 4x6 pioneer plates. and it will all run off my cap.

should i expect to have to do the big 3? and why does every one keep saying to get rid of the capacitors? shouldnt they help if they sell them?

also i want to install another battery if i do end up getting the dimming light thing (which i cant stand when it happens)

do i just run wires from my exghisting battery to it then to my amps or do i have to get some from the alternator to the 2nd battery? thanks for any help and sorry if i got off topic a little.
first off, the thing here with the big three is a way to eliminate the need for the cap... i run something similar to what you have, about 1400-1500 watts rms, all on a stock electrical system. at first i had dimming, so i got a cap. after some research i found that the cap was like a speedbump for the powerflow, so i got rid of it, did the big three, and no dimming. i have no 2nd battery, no upgraded battery, just a decent die hard. i would guess if you do the big three, you wont need the cap... i'll bet after the big three, you wont have any dimming without the cap or a second battery...

Ok wait? So if you just add the new wires without removing the old wires.... then what's the point in fusing your new wire? Wouldn't the old wire still be there in case of a short?

edit: nvm.. I read more and I now know that the old wire is already fused. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I dont get why you would add. So you mean you would splice into the stock wiring and add 0 gauge wire? Wouldnt it just make more sense having all 0 gauge wiring then having say 8 gauge (stock) going into 0 gauge?
Hes a scammer be careful of this guy

Aloha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...