ohm wiring

karson3773

could someone please tell me how to wire a JBL BP1200.1 amp(output at 4ohms:600 x 1, 2ohms:1200x1) to 2 Audiobahn AW1006T 4ohm DVC subs(2 or 8 ohm operation) in a 2 ohm load?

and anything else i should know?

i have 2 alpine1041D type R's right now wired in god knows what.

thank you, but are you sure my jbl bp1200.1 is ok at a 1ohm load?

the specs say 2ohm or 8ohm operation. i just want to take full advantage of the power.

it is 1 ohm stable. the specs on the subs say 2 or 8 ohm because that is for a single sub. when you wire a singl 4 ohm dvc sub in parrallel it's 2 ohms. then when you had another one wired the same way, you cut the independence inhalf therfore creating the 1 ohm load. so if you wire both subs at 1 ohm to the amp you will be getting the most out of that amp.

what would a 1ohm load make my amp produce?

the amp book says 4ohm: 600x1 - 2ohm: 1200x1.

so how would that pan out? is that the peak? what kind of rms x 2 we talkin??

thanx man

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.