over kill car ?

Sorry OP.But, NO, that sub is not too much for your car .....
what kinda numbers you think i could put out with the type of car i have and the sub i'll be using. i understand it depends on a bunch of different thing's i'm just wondering what a single w7 could do.

what kinda numbers you think i could put out with the type of car i have and the sub i'll be using. i understand it depends on a bunch of different thing's i'm just wondering what a single w7 could do.
Too many variables to make a guess that is even close. Somewhere between 120 and 140 is my random guess

132-140 with a very good amp that pushes it to its mechanical limit so to say.

I'm with abulbrich on this... way too many variables, and I have never studied the acoustics in that particular car ... So, somewhere between 120 and 136 ish is my guess ....

I'm with abulbrich on this... way too many variables, and I have never studied the acoustics in that particular car ... So, somewhere between 120 and 136 ish is my guess ....
i was once told by a guy at a car audio competition. in order to get the max output of your sub's you must study the acoustics of the car they will be playing in. but ever since then i could never understand how to do all that.

i was once told by a guy at a car audio competition. in order to get the max output of your sub's you must study the acoustics of the car they will be playing in. but ever since then i could never understand how to do all that.
This is true for serious SPL and SQ competitors. It involves testing different frequencies to find your vehicle's peak frequency and/or response curve.

I woold look into something else besides a w7 especially if you want to see higher numbers. But it is a good sub. Just I think you can get better for your money for the application you want to do.

Didn't read the rest of the thread yet but ill give my input.

anything more than ~300-400w on a properly setup and tuned system will be overkill in a 350z because it has a hatch and doesnt have a actual "trunk." also

so you could get the same level of loudness with a single 8 in your 350z off 400wrms vs a pair of 10's or 12's off 400-800wrms in a trunk car.

not to mention the weight of the sub/box/amp if you actually drive the car hard and don't just stunt/putz around in it.

as much as i hate to say it you are probably better off getting a custom box made out of fiberglass to maximize the use of space and be able to have a big enough port to make it worth it and not choke. unless you don't care about trunk space.

Didn't read the rest of the thread yet but ill give my input.
anything more than ~300-400w on a properly setup and tuned system will be overkill in a 350z because it has a hatch and doesnt have a actual "trunk." also

so you could get the same level of loudness with a single 8 in your 350z off 400wrms vs a pair of 10's or 12's off 400-800wrms in a trunk car.

not to mention the weight of the sub/box/amp if you actually drive the car hard and don't just stunt/putz around in it.

as much as i hate to say it you are probably better off getting a custom box made out of fiberglass to maximize the use of space and be able to have a big enough port to make it worth it and not choke. unless you don't care about trunk space.
i'm not saying i don't agree with what you saying but i have a single 10 inch sundown audio sa-10 tune at 35hz right now and it sounds good it's just not loud enough for what i'm looking for and it has 500 watts to it.

I woold look into something else besides a w7 especially if you want to see higher numbers. But it is a good sub. Just I think you can get better for your money for the application you want to do.
yeah i agree but i'm not buying the sub brand new i'm buying it used off craigslist since i seen them going for 200 to 250 used. so i figure it's not a bad deal for what type of sub it is.

i'm not saying i don't agree with what you saying but i have a single 10 inch sundown audio sa-10 tune at 35hz right now and it sounds good it's just not loud enough for what i'm looking for and it has 500 watts to it.
It all depends on what you want out of your system. People are happy/unhappy with different things.

yeah i agree but i'm not buying the sub brand new i'm buying it used off craigslist since i seen them going for 200 to 250 used. so i figure it's not a bad deal for what type of sub it is.

Oh im not saying not to buy it all. by all means get it. i would too for that price. Was just using that as an example.

w7 is a great sub to jump up to. always liked the way they sounded.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.