Poll: Favorite motors

****!!, what was i thinking?, i appreciate you coming and clearing that up for me little girl. (rolls eyes) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/scared.gif.f134e57c6c93ccd0f15aa5ac32c7d4a0.gif
WTF is up your ass. You made a mistake, i corrected it. No need for name calling.

Oh, and another thing. Typhoons and Syclones are a 4.3 liter turbo which is a 262 cubic inch V6. Not a 350 as you stated.

Sorry for the name calling, but a 4.3L is a 5.7 - (that little slash is a minus sign) 2 cylinders.
Little confusing. Sorry. But yeah, thats what people like to call a 4.3, a 350 missing 2 cylinders. Pretty funny actually. Although i wish i had the other 2 cylinders. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Little confusing. Sorry. But yeah, thats what people like to call a 4.3, a 350 missing 2 cylinders. Pretty funny actually. Although i wish i had the other 2 cylinders. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
My bad, those motors are pretty impressive though. That 2.6 or 2.8L V6 ***** and the 2.2L in all its might doesnt dyno over a 100hp.

cause yamaha made them
My ass the motors don't fall apart! That's the first thing to go. You had to wind them out so hard to ge the power that any SHO with 100K plus is usually junk. Usually. And yea, all the Ford Taurus bodies ****. They should have put them in CrownVic's. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

Funny; I always thought the tranny was the first thing to go in a Taurus. But that motor should not go in a crown vic; too heavy; if any car needed a big V8 to get around, the crown vic is one of them. Ford needs to give up the miser, penny-pinching crap and drop the 5.4 triton in them. The new 300 hp three-valve truck motor would be nice.

Later.

Everything about the Ford Taurus breaks at random times, regardless... My mom has owned three of them, each and every one had problems with the brakes, transmission and the newest one has the worst stereo i've ever heard in a new car. As for the Crown Vic needing a different motor, that needed to be done as soon as they switched from the 5.0 to the 4.6. It is as well built as it can be with the cheap parts it is made of. For example, you can't put nitrous on it because the piston rods will break. The tranny's are decent on them, but not the strongest by far. Generally made for as little money as possible, but very reliable, with plenty of room for subs.

Everything about the Ford Taurus breaks at random times, regardless... My mom has owned three of them, each and every one had problems with the brakes, transmission and the newest one has the worst stereo i've ever heard in a new car. As for the Crown Vic needing a different motor, that needed to be done as soon as they switched from the 5.0 to the 4.6. It is as well built as it can be with the cheap parts it is made of. For example, you can't put nitrous on it because the piston rods will break. The tranny's are decent on them, but not the strongest by far. Generally made for as little money as possible, but very reliable, with plenty of room for subs.
BS, the rods wont "break". Any internal combustion engine can handle atleast a 50 shot of NOS with correct spark, timing, and a wide open throttle. You always hear ***** stories of people blowing them up b/c they dont know how to use it.

50 shot of nos?....Maybe; but the crown vic's 4.6 is already stressed from hauling around two tons of car. And Ford powder-cast stock rods ARE absolute crap; usually the first thing to break in any boosted mustang if they'er not changed.

Later.

POLL STATS SO FAR: After weeding thru the side coversations, looks like the GM big-blocks and the LS1 are ahead for the domestics and the 2JZ-GTE for the imports.

True that the Ecotec 4 could be better; In fact, I probably should correct myself on this one. The Ford SVT 2.0 Ztec is a much better motor, but Ford has announced that the SVT Focus is on its way out as of '05---bad decision in my book. As far as stock 4-cylinders go, the domestic "Big 3" still have a long way to go to catch up with ALL of the japanies manufacturers.

If I was in the market for good performing normally asperated 4-cylinder car, in the absence of the SVT Focus which is a good car all around for the price, I would most likely go with either Honda or Toyota.

Later.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.