Powder Coated my amp

I have an amp that needs a new finish. Are there any paint strippers that will remove powder coat. Does it have to be blasted or sanded?
Where in Georgia?

Millers Custom Powder Coating is in Lilburn.

With the Alpines you can paint/powder coat the main housing and chrome the flip cover, or chrome the whole thing. Really there are quite a few things you can do.

Now if you ever decide to get rid of them somewhere down the line and you post them in the Classifieds here or on eBay or something of that il you can advertise them as "custom" Alpine amplifiers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Looks great, mang. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif Good job.

I don't know if it will be any hotter now or not as I have never used it. I may run a little warmer than stock, but I will make sure to mount it so there will be plenty of airflow. I won't be using it for quite a few months anyways because the car it's going in is still in progress. The stripper we use is "Striprite 400" by Soco-Western Chemical. That's all I could find out about it. Looks to be out of Cali though.

In case anyone is interested there is a fairly easy way to powder coat at home. I have done it to my old paintball gun, I will dig up a link on it if anyone is interested...
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yes.gif.2d6d3882a589966b8145fbc57db57f33.gif

Where in Georgia?
I am about 60 miles north east of Savannah.

I think I am going to use an automotive spray paint with several coats of clear to make it durable. I just need to get the powder coat off before I start. While I am at it I am going to cut a custom plexyglass panel for the bottom and do some lazer engraving on it.

I've powder coated a few of my old amps in the past. I've found that brake cleaner is a nice, easy alternative to sand blasting the old paint off. I had to do this with a couple old RF Power amps that were a pain to strip with the sand blaster. Spray it, let it soak, spray it some more, let it soak, scrape it off with a thin wire brush. It mostly just peals off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.