Profile amp for comps: yay/nay?

SomeGuyDude, I own some Profile amps (2x HA700m and a Cali AP740). I've had them for quite a while, and they've been in and out of several vehicles.
Profile amps are built tough, they put out reliable power, they last forever and best of all they're cheap. Don't hesitate to buy one...
Well there you have it.

amps are one of the things that make the least ammount of difference in a system sonically. If it is clean and puts out the power you are good to go. Some amps are built better than other while some are WAY overbuilt and over priced..some do have better features as well like better built in eq or xovers. I used to be an RF hater but I am happy with my little current line punch amps. They my not be hi current monsters that I ran in the past but they put out more power than rated and do so as evenly as my old SS 3.0's.Thing is the RF's are cheaper.

Do you think a Profile is clean?
Clean enough, i have seen pyramid amp boards put in other amp heatsinks that went on to beat an IASCA regional SQ champion back in the day when an IASCA show would draw 80 sq cars to a local single point event. Im not saying cheap amps are the best or always the way to go but to win a show against good seasoned cars the amps can't be dirty or bad sounding.

All right! Looks like I need to wait on word from the guy on here.

Now I just need the comps/sub/HU. I'm set on the Clarion HU, 99% on the Alpines, so maybe now I can drop some extra cash on the sub, pick up one of those Incriminator Death Row 15's LOL.

I'm hearing shady stories about OCS lately. Which ***** because that's exactly who I wanted to order from.

Lacking any need for a DVD player, I figured I'd keep it simple and just go with this guy http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?Source=googlebase&ProductID=21342

It's not fancy, it can't play videos, no touchscreen, but it has 6v preouts, the USB support is apparently excellent, crossovers great, all the stuff I need for optimal sonic performance.

profile mono amps are very good for the money.They arent class D so they are not as efficient and draw a little more current.My experience was a ap1000 i think it was.I had it on a 10in L5. it did great,but had a thump every time i turned off the truck. Never could get rid of the thump, I moved up to a kx600.1 and it stomped the profile,but at the time it was 2x the price of the profile.So ya I havent read all the posts in this thread,but thats my experience with'em. I got mine from crutchfield with a 3 year warranty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.