Profile amp for comps: yay/nay?

Yeah that's what I mean. If you can't explain WHY the more expensive unit is better, I'm not gonna spend the extra money. I don't want to build my system with cheap parts, but I don't want to waste money either.
Profile=CHEAP!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I never had one but I'm sure it's not the cleanest signal. Someone in an earlier post compared it to a JL Audio amp. Surely the weren't serious.

Bottom line, you get what you can afford but don't think for one minute that you're gonna sound as good as a better quality amp.

If you get the Profile and it works for you, then that's all that counts.

Well naw, I'm not expecting this thing to be winning any SQ competitions. I'm aiming for what every 24 year old punk with tattoos wants: a nice loud system; I'm just hoping to put one together that also sounds good. Not amazing, just good. Like a 7 outta 10 or so. Good enough that when I listen to hip-hop and bass techno it's clear and smooth, not to hear all the subtleties in complex jazz and classical arrangements, y'know?

I never had one but I'm sure it's not the cleanest signal. Someone in an earlier post compared it to a JL Audio amp. Surely the weren't serious.Bottom line, you get what you can afford but don't think for one minute that you're gonna sound as good as a better quality amp.

If you get the Profile and it works for you, then that's all that counts.
Amazing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Well naw, I'm not expecting this thing to be winning any SQ competitions. I'm aiming for what every 24 year old punk with tattoos wants: a nice loud system; I'm just hoping to put one together that also sounds good. Not amazing, just good. Like a 7 outta 10 or so. Good enough that when I listen to hip-hop and bass techno it's clear and smooth, not to hear all the subtleties in complex jazz and classical arrangements, y'know?
I think a 7 out of 10 is too high. Maybe a 2 out of 10.

It is what it is. Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to dis, but I've been around a long time.

SomeGuyDude, I own some Profile amps (2x HA700m and a Cali AP740). I've had them for quite a while, and they've been in and out of several vehicles.

Profile amps are built tough, they put out reliable power, they last forever and best of all they're cheap. Don't hesitate to buy one...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.