!!!!!!!!punctured magnum!!!!!!!!!!!

thats what you get for buyinh low quality subs like magnum and re and adire .lol stoker quality baby
Magnum? Low quality? RIIIIIIIIIGHT. I love how u get on here and show everyone how stupid you are. Well, atleast your comments are stupid. As i said in another post, I have 2 Magnum D2 12s and my friend had 4 cerwin vega 12s. Who had the more output and SQ? ME. So feel free to go ahead and have a MATURE conversation with me on why Magnums ****. Other than because you said so. Thats just childish

For a hole that small, I'd perform a quick MacGyver fiberglass rig-job patch, it'll be good as new in no time.

I'd simply get a thin piece of black felt, from a craft store, cut it in a circle to cover your hole.

Get some 5 minute epoxy. This isn't really much different than fiberglassing epoxy - at least for our purposes here.

Squeeze some out, mix it up.

Spread it on both sides of the felt patch so it really permeates it well, soaks it up... and stick the patch on the sub, over the hole. Don't use too much resin, as it'll just add weight to the finished piece... but you do want an effective seal (not to mention bonding) between the cone and the patch.

That patch will not come off by any means, it'll probably be stronger than the cone when it cures. Give it a day to cure before using it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

To me it sounds like the negative wire wasn't properly put into the terminal and came out?
yea thats what happened but would that cause theriped cone? or did it happen before that

no shiz sherlock (wedge)

You go play with your capacitor and audiobahn amp now, mmmmmmkay? Leave the important stuff to the big boys. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

SO, is the whole in the cone itself...or the foam surround. If the cone, do like geolemon sez...if the foam surround try what inhumanacura sed, or some contact cement works well also. peace

NG

p.s. misterio...

u never seen a system set off a car alarm? back in my less responsible days, i had two mtx 6000s sealed with a jbl 600.1 in my truck. Had the windows down, (truck cab almost acts like large ported box), and set off an alarm in the mall parking lot.

Also, my sub level on my HU (sub-out from 0-15) is usually on 3, and the bass is zeroed out. But anyways, with my current system for a total of about 30 seconds when i turned the sub out up to 10 pulling into circuit city's back lot i set off 3 car alarms. Fun being childish sometimes...oh well, it's under control now. peace

NG

yea the hole is in the cone right along the edge of the surround.. how many decibles does it take to set off car alarms?

It dont take many to set off car alarms cuz i did it a few months ago before i even got my subs in. Did it with just the speakers (course the volume was set REAL high but still) It just depends on how sensitive the alarm is cuz my exhuast sets off car alarms every now and then when im not really meaning to.

pfff... i set em off all the time... on some bass mekanik or something i could usually set every car off for a few rows down. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

wedge your an idiot you just stated the obvious... just because Id rather eat then go buy a better amp doesn't make you any better, all I care about is that my amp suits me and this 1200 watt audiobahn is enough for now. Anywayz i live in a small town and not many ppl have "loud" systems.. only your average twelves.

wedge your an idiot you just stated the obvious... just because Id rather eat then go buy a better amp doesn't make you any better, all I care about is that my amp suits me and this 1200 watt audiobahn is enough for now. Anywayz i live in a small town and not many ppl have "loud" systems.. only your average twelves.

I'm curious, what gives you the authority at the ripe, old age of 17 to judge my intelligence? Please, enlighten me.

Is it really *that* obvious? Any number of things could have happened...wire could have broken off, terminal could have snapped, etc.

At 17, if you have to use your "extra" spending money and I stress extra, because you obviously have enough money to buy an audio system, on groceries, then I'd say you have some serious issues on the homefront.

So before you attempt to insult me *again*, please use correct spelling...it aids me in constructing my reply.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.