rsd 12" vs. type R 12"

english please...

"i would take any of the subs i listed over the r or rsd"-what it says

"and i have used the r both sealed and ported, single and dual"-i have used r's in single sealed, single ported, dual sealed, and dual ported set-ups'.

"and no a few with the rsd"-i know a few people with rsd's.

really didn't think it was that hard to understand, but there it is for you:)

read what i had written. i said unless you use ebay/used, something other than msrp prices meaning. msrp on the pg's are what $180-$190? and the r's are about $219 msrp. i would take any of the subs i listed over the r or rsd. and i have used the r both sealed and ported, single and dual. and no a few with the rsd.
whos paying retail?

The type R has way better built quality than rsd though, and imo can take more than watts than the r. I played with the rsd once and I don't think that thing can take more than 500w .
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/imwithstupid.gif.ff72b14418b3c35ebdf1ccd38da21695.gif As many people have said who have dealt with the RSD numerous times, it can take 1000w all day long. Forgive us if we believe a guy like Towncar, who actually deals RSDs and has tons of experience with them, over the guy with one post.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/imwithstupid.gif.ff72b14418b3c35ebdf1ccd38da21695.gif As many people have said who have dealt with the RSD numerous times, it can take 1000w all day long. Forgive us if we believe a guy like Towncar, who actually deals RSDs and has tons of experience with them, over the guy with one post.
Well I guess you are a PG dealer too huh?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif I'm just putting my two cents in and because I got 1 post means that I am a authorize dealer for audio Bahn also:rolleyes: . But, anyways I wouldn't pay $100 for a Pg magnet boot:p:

Type R all the way.

I'd take an RSd with a Xenon 600.1 FTW..

I don't like the new PG amps as much as the Xenon line, but it is less bling //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Oh ya, my Xenon has 130 RMS running to it, and it seems to be close to as loud as my GF's kicker CVR10 on a Pioneer GM7200. (roughly 235-250 RMS).

~Levi

The type R has way better built quality than rsd though, and imo can take more than watts than the r. I played with the rsd once and I don't think that thing can take more than 500w .

It will take it....without a problem.

@ 1500 watts I couldnt nuke it. I bottomed it out when I clipped the signal more then 5 times, but once I had gains set right it took the watts with otu a problem on sine waves. I gave up after a while trying to kill.

PGs techie errin keeling says he couldnt kill it on 2 kw.

The RSd is of nice build quality but not in the same level as some of the other woofers I tested it agaisnt. But it is a supieor design job by PG thus the LOW COST MSRP for the woofer.

Type R will get loud very loud, but I have yet to hear any type R set up to sound as good as any of the subs I played with over that month and other woofers Ive owned 13w7, 15 idqs, xenon below 50hz. above that thing *****.

If you dont CLIP THE **** OUT OF YOUR SIGNAL, the RSd in my test can take 1500 watts.

If you were saying I am a PG dealer I am not. I know a a tech at PG and used to know the guy who ran PG direct but he recently left PG. My friend is a car audio dealer who carries PG, pioneer, oz, alumapro, planet, and a few other. I help him out by clearing his old or overstock on the net and w/ higher end installs.

I do like PG products a lot and for the most part beilve they are above the most of the other brands of Car audio out there today and in past perhaps the best, but I will admitt when their products ****.

For instance xenon subs terrible terrible above 50hz. I hate them above there below they ROCK.

Xenon comps mid bass does not exsist.....

ti elite set is not worth its retail cost IMO....

RSd amps I have yet to play with but from pics have me raising eyebrows as they dont look nearly as good as the xenon which ARE KICK ASS AMPS and BY FAR HANDS DOWN the best deal out there right now. Hell they are one of the best amps made in a while after they fixed that intial run that gave them such a bad rap....

Just installed a SD in a buddies car. Its the ****. Oh and they can be had for $80 brand new. There is no better bang for buck. End of story. http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=phorsd12&store=&catid=369

No there is more to the story the RSd is in the level of 500 dollar subs. If PG made a its own basket and did a few other cosmetic things to it, the woofer would be more money and have a flash so people would accpet it as being a great woofer.

THE WOOFER IS IN THE LEVEL OF THE BEST IMO.

Lyod aka BIGBASSMAN I need to send you or meet up with you to test one of my RSds.

I do admit that the rsd is a smooth sounding sub but, I guess I expected more from it .Maybe auditioning the rsd after my 10'' Max made the sub seem kind of ....in terms slower. In my "OPINION" end my story.

I do admit that the rsd is a smooth sounding sub but, I guess I expected more from it .Maybe auditioning the rsd after my 10'' Max made the sub seem kind of ....in terms slower. In my "OPINION" end my story.
how many cubes did you have it in? Same box? How was the box built lots of bracing, ported/sealed? Stuffed w/ polyfill?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.