Seperating Motor from Basket...

ya its like this yellowish goop thats around the screw. and its also got some clear gel in the screw head making it really slippery for the driver to get any grip. plus the screws seem really soft because i tried one and after 2 turns it looks almost stripped.
Just pick at it and get it off you pussy...

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about, and have dealt with it on a few subs before too...

And I ended up getting the basket off... imagine that...

nG

i did a search and found someone who had the same problem. so im gonna go try his solution and see if it works for me

when i reconed my old xxx's one had coil still in it and i managed to remove it using a metal coat hanger and lots of Q tips. the cotton seemed to help catch on the pieces of coil and i pulled it all out.... just an idea, i dont know what other people do but it worked for me. Also the next time a you cant get a screw off you could cover the gap with tape and take a drill bit the exact size of the head of the screw and just drill the head off.. after that you can take vice grips and turn the screw till it comes out, i have also done that before with much success. Hope that helps a lil

if you're trying to remove the wire from in the gap there is no simple solution to it. Use a small pick tool to pull it out as best you can. If it's multiple turns still all together it may be hard to get it out in one piece. If it's totally unraveled just get a piece up you can grab onto and keep pulling until you get it all. Once you get the wire all out, blow out the gap with an air nozzle on a compressor. Then the trick is cleaning the gap. Go round and round and round with multiple pieces of masking tape folded over and back to back. If the gap is very large you can wrap it around a popsicle stick. Keep going until you end up without any dirt on the tape. As long as you see something on the take, keep going. Then when it's clean, cover the top of the gap with masking tape so nothing can get back in.

john

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.