Seperating Motor from Basket...

Don't know the name right off hand.Its made to remove stubborn screws without damage.I have seen them at Harour Freight for a few dollars.Its like a screw driver but made to be hit and the force pushes down at the same time it twists.

he's prolly talkin about that jizz like the ones like type Rs have. you need to hammer that **** down with a pick or mini flat and then bust the screw off with a #3. if you're weak or your driver aint strong enough use a ratchet/socket combo.

its not a tricky screw or something...i just dont know how to get past the glue. without the glue any screwdriver could do it.

Where did I say anything about a tricky bit? All I implied was make sure you're using a BIG ENOUGH bit. My other suggestion being using some kind of impact driver which would help apply enough torque in a manner that sould help prevent you from screwing the head up.

My last suggestion about contacting the manufacturer was probably the best advice as they would know exactly what adhesive is used, and the manner in which it was applied. They MIGHT also have some experience doing this... maybe...

just maybe...

ya its like this yellowish goop thats around the screw. and its also got some clear gel in the screw head making it really slippery for the driver to get any grip. plus the screws seem really soft because i tried one and after 2 turns it looks almost stripped.

Where did I say anything about a tricky bit? All I implied was make sure you're using a BIG ENOUGH bit. My other suggestion being using some kind of impact driver which would help apply enough torque in a manner that sould help prevent you from screwing the head up.
My last suggestion about contacting the manufacturer was probably the best advice as they would know exactly what adhesive is used, and the manner in which it was applied. They MIGHT also have some experience doing this... maybe...

just maybe...
understood

well i just used a vice grip to break the glue bond. then it was simple to unscrew. i put tape over the gap to stop ish getting in there. is it a problem that theres still some wire from the vc in the gap?

basket is already off...now my question is..when taking out the vc some of the wire was left in the gap. if im having it reconed by Fi do i need to remove all of it or can they do that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.