SRT-4's, whay the hate and why the love? No between?

Ha ha ha ..... Bring your Mustang and your pink slip .... What color is my new Mustang anyway ? Does it come with a system ?Try 460 hp at the wheels bro ..... Your Mustang is now shaking where it parks .... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif :eek: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif LOL
Like to see a dyno sheet to confirm that trash petunia- 460??!!! Shuuuurre....

hahahaahhHAHAHAHAHAHHhahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahhahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OH MY ****IG GASODSA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH WIAT TILL EXCELERATOR SEES THIS **** AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
slips or die.

you paid 22k to run 12's? I can spend 10k and run 9's.... do you want to **** my big fat cok now?or later?

Without a turbo upgrade, I call ultimate BS.

Dont EVEN get into turbo **** with me, because you obviously don't know who you will be messing with.
An 87 Grand National! Frikkin' sweet! Now you are talking! The ultimate sleeper there.

Little sports cars=Little penises

A nice truck

A Harley

A trusty beater

A classic muscle car

Thats what us real men drive.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Little sports cars=Little penises
A nice truck

A Harley

A trusty beater

A classic muscle car

Thats what us real men drive.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
A Harley? that's what dentists drive...when it's not too cold, and sunny, and the wind isn't blowing too hard. Harleys used to be fantastic motorcycles,nd now they are a fantastic marketing company that happens to build motorcycles that always seem to run like a$$ and the owners accept it as okay. That great american icon died a long time ago man. I agree about the truck/beater/musclecar thing- and the little sports car is still fast, but we can actually afford to drive 'em still because the get better that 10mpg knucklehead

BS my a$$ ...... Come see mine run 11's anytime you want sweetie ! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ;) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
This is EXACTLY why you neon fagg0ts are hated so much, pure ignorance...a stock LS1 camaro/ta would make you look like a toy car and dont bring up the excuse of 'oh it has double the cylinders" because honestly thats the most lame and unorigional excuse a ricer can come up with! Run what you brung!

EDIT: If you realy want to race a 4cyl to be fair, because frankly i dont like seeing grown men cry, Then i know a couple 4cyl stangs that could race you in 3rd gear and still smoke ya like your in park...

lol i told myself i wasnt going to get into this one. but i find it hard to believe you know anyone with a 4 cylinder mustang that will dust an srt-4. and i'm calling total bs on you knowing more than one person with a 4 banger stang that will smoke one. 4 cylinder stangs are SLOW. they can be made fast with enough cash, same as any other car, but you'd have to put like 10-15k into one to break 12's. for 5k you could swap in a massaged 5.0 or 347 stroker, which is what people do to make fast mustangs, unless they're idiots.

while i dont much car for sport compacts, i respect anything thats fast. my trans am runs 12.6's without the nitrous and on street tires, i ran an srt-4 running 20psi of boost, a stage 2 turbo, an upgraded intercooler, a custom chip, headers and a few other odds and ends. basically, i destroyed him off the line, pulled almost 2 car lengths, but by the end of the 1/4 he had almost caught me, his nose was right at my rear bumper. i think he said he put 3 or 4k into his car after he bought it. not bad, even though i only paid 6k for my gta, i had to put another 8k into the engine, transmission, and rear to make it what it is.

and honestly, a stock srt-4 with a REALLY good driver will take a stock ls1 with a REALLY bad driver (although the ls1 will sound, feel, and look a hell of a lot cooler)

an 11 second srt-4 (although im also calling bs on that and dudes 460 hp claim unless i see some proof) will decimate an ls1 even if john force himself is driving.

EDIT: i didnt spray it when i raced dude or it wouldnt have even been a race

Given that I work on Hondas for a living, unless you have dumped serious scratch into your car or the srt-4 driver was a numbnutz I'm gonna have to call b.s. on that. I gon smoked by one in my '04 Civic Si, and it was a dead heat in my brothers WRX. I don't like Neons, because every used one we get has a blown head gasket, and applying boost to a motor with that rep is a bit sketchy. After my Jackson Racing supercharger, the Honda may fare a but better, but 100 extra ponies can do that....until the trans, or axles,or clutch, or whatever down the line grenades.

perhaps you should read my other post before you comment... and civic SI's are hardly something a srt would have to worry about...

lol i told myself i wasnt going to get into this one. but i find it hard to believe you know anyone with a 4 cylinder mustang that will dust an srt-4. and i'm calling total bs on you knowing more than one person with a 4 banger stang that will smoke one. 4 cylinder stangs are SLOW. they can be made fast with enough cash, same as any other car, but you'd have to put like 10-15k into one to break 12's. for 5k you could swap in a massaged 5.0 or 347 stroker, which is what people do to make fast mustangs, unless they're idiots.while i dont much car for sport compacts, i respect anything thats fast. my trans am runs 12.6's without the nitrous and on street tires, i ran an srt-4 running 20psi of boost, a stage 2 turbo, an upgraded intercooler, a custom chip, headers and a few other odds and ends. basically, i destroyed him off the line, pulled almost 2 car lengths, but by the end of the 1/4 he had almost caught me, his nose was right at my rear bumper. i think he said he put 3 or 4k into his car after he bought it. not bad, even though i only paid 6k for my gta, i had to put another 8k into the engine, transmission, and rear to make it what it is.

and honestly, a stock srt-4 with a REALLY good driver will take a stock ls1 with a REALLY bad driver (although the ls1 will sound, feel, and look a hell of a lot cooler)

an 11 second srt-4 (although im also calling bs on that and dudes 460 hp claim unless i see some proof) will decimate an ls1 even if john force himself is driving.

EDIT: i didnt spray it when i raced dude or it wouldnt have even been a race

grammar sentence structure > you

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

cool little cars, they pull hard as ****. still not a muscle car.

coming from a guy with an 05 v6 mustang. but they have testimonials out that the new gt is just another gt but the new v6 is the new "5.0 style" legend. mmmmmmmmmm how i love to hear that

cool little cars, they pull hard as ****. still not a muscle car.

coming from a guy with an 05 v6 mustang. but they have testimonials out that the new gt is just another gt but the new v6 is the new "5.0 style" legend. mmmmmmmmmm how i love to hear that

oh oh, tell me more? articles? please?

grammar sentence structure > you//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

showing hes retarded in more ways than one. i knowa buddy back home broke 12's turbo'd pusing 18 pounds. of course he did all motor work himself, pieed the turbo kit together, and did it HIS way. yes....he only spent about 5 grand. but who hasnt put 5 grand into their motor if they want REAL performance. most cat back systems are 500-800 bucks.....there goes that, down to 4500 ....heads....they are rediculous.....down to 3500-3000. intake 200, 3300-2800 dollars left, built tranny....roughly a grand. thats....~1800 left. u get my point? 5 grand is NOTHING to put into your car to have a decent driver.

As printed in the Sept issue by Rob Reaser:

There's no denying that six-cylinder Mustangs have been the uncelebrated members of the ponycar herd from the beginning. It is the V-8 cars for whom fame, glory and enthusiast praise has always been heaped in abundance, and historically speaking thats as it should be. Considering the added cost of purchase, fuel economy, and insurance penalties inherent to an eight-cylinder sportscar, V-8 Mustangs have traditionally been the choice of the performance enthusiast set while the six-cylinder cars served to keep the Mustang a viable mainstream product. For that alone, we owe a massive debt to the v-6 ponies, as well as their four-cylinder brethren. Without them, the Mustang would never have sustained the sales volume needed to keep the car alive throught the 1980's.

Unfortunatly, too many enthusiasts have looked upon the six-cylinder Mustangs as "useful idiots"- a car that was necessary to keep the nameplate going, "but please, don't hang around us or pretend to be an equal."

Snobbery at its finest.

Now lets cinsider something. In 1985 the 5.0 GT was rated at 210 horsepower (a significant jump upwards from the 165 hp 5.0 of 1984(. The following year horsepower increased to 225 hp, and this represented the highmark for the entire Fox era.

As we all know, the 5.0 is the most celebrated and thoroughly explored powermill in Ford history. It helped the Mustang win the Ford vs GM ponycar wars, and launched an aftermarket segment the likes of which we've never seen before. With choice bolton components and intelligent tuning strateges, that 225 hp V-8 served as the foundation for some of the fastest gasoline-powered cars in history.

With that in mind, consider also the current V-6 Mustang. Displacement is a scant 0.6 liters less than its V-8 counterpart, and the current base Mustang is rated at 210 horsepower. Folks, thats right on par with the most famed Mustang GT engine of all time. Knock the 2005 V-6 for its power output and your're simultaneously slamming the lauded 5.0L.

Herein lies hypocrisy.

I say all of this as a preface to a prediction: The dawn of the V-6 performance Mustang is nigh. Today this engine stands on a platform high enough that it can jump into the WOW! realm rather quickly. Already I've talked to a few aftermarket manufacturers who are eyeballing the V-6 pony for development of not only choice speed parts, but also comprehensive performance packages. And the whispered word amongst these forward thinkers is "turbocharger."

Why not? In fact, how could the aftermarket afford not to look in this direction? Mustangs are flying off of dealer lots. New enthusiasts are being made daily with the flourish of pen on payment contract, and it's not only GTs which are selling. As of this writing the V-6 couple is $5,925 under the cost of a base GT coupe. then there is the massive insurance differential between the two cars, which is of significant importance for younger buyers.

In two or three years there will be scads of pre-owned fifth-gen V-6 ponies for sale, and all with strong engines primed for a few performance mods. the companies who develop high-performance parts for these cars today will soon reap the rewards, and V-6 owners will also win-particularly those of the younger generation who may otherwise be attacted to the price and performance packages found in many of today's import models.

The V-8 will always be king of the horsepower realm, but the new prince of performance is about to have its day.

Remember, you heard it here first.

perhaps you should read my other post before you comment... and civic SI's are hardly something a srt would have to worry about...
Oh, I did read your lies about rediculous horsepower, etc, and freely acknowledge my car is not rediculously fast in the quarter mile, unlike most civic owners, my life is firmly based in reality not some bizarro world where civics are the ultimate car. I will say, my car handles extremely well and uses it's horsepower efficiently. Oh yeah, my favorite part- mine will still run after 60,000 with no major repairs, I doubt you'll be able to say the same about your neon. Is your car faster than mine in the quarter mile? I freely admit it is, but I don't think it's a good car for me, I just don't trust their reliability track record, and don't believe in running smack out my ass because you are on the internet and safely anonymous

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.