SRT-4's, whay the hate and why the love? No between?

Last night while at work I rolled 170k on the ticker.

Still gets almost 30mpg in town and close to 40mpg on the highway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

It being a re-skinned Corolla is exactly why I bought the little Prizm out of the options I had at the time. No-brainer regarding Toyota's historical reliability and the price was right.

'Nother thing that alot of "young'uns" fail to realize is exactly how far a regular oil-change routine will go to increase any given vehicle's lifespan. Simple yet so difficult for some...

It's not so much the car as it is the majority of the owners are a bunch of ignorant jackasses.

Used to hang out with some friends by a popular car spot- tons of SRT-4's. Most of them had no work done but an aftermarket blow off valve and would sit there and rev their engines all night.

One time a buddy of mine who owns a worked up 2000(I think?) SS Camaro pulled up to them, revved his engine, and called them a bunch of *******. They left.

an 11 second srt-4 (although im also calling bs on that and dudes 460 hp claim unless i see some proof) will decimate an ls1 even if john force himself is driving.
Stock vs Stock the LS1 with even an average driver would be a good race but the LS1 would more then likely win. It doesnt take much to get the LS1s into the 11 second territory either. Oh and 460whp on an SRT4 would push it into the 10s or 9s on good tires...

ive seen neons in the 150k and their still running strong, mine hit 80k a week ago and its still strong.

were talking about SRT's your's dosen't have the stress of a turbo and harsh driver on it

my honda had 170k on it, and ran like a champ (not too much was stock though)

That's what these young'uns that drive brand-new vehicles fail to realize.
While those of us that have our odometers pushing 130, 140, and 150k know this very well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
150k and 27psi //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

An 87 Grand National! Frikkin' sweet! Now you are talking! The ultimate sleeper there.
You'd be surprised sometimes at some people who own nice cars(S2k) that didnt know what it was.

Little sports cars=Little penises
A nice truck

A Harley

A trusty beater

A classic muscle car

Thats what us real men drive.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
Exxxxxactly

K20 is the Type R motor IIRC? right? We dont have many K20's round here..one that I know of pushing 600+ in a EG....

Most things around here are the usual SR20's and RB's...

and of course who can forget the H22A and H23A

K20 is the Type R motor IIRC? right? We dont have many K20's round here..one that I know of pushing 600+ in a EG....
Most things around here are the usual SR20's and RB's...

and of course who can forget the H22A and H23A

h22a's my baby, in hindsight it wouldve been easyer to go with a h23, wouldn't of had to resleve etc.

yeah, the K20s, in the type r and the rsx, the K20 that is in the Si however is a little bit different, its got a different vtec system thats basically just the ecu, rather then lobes on the cams etc. purddy gay.

i'd love to go on a ride in the EG, so much torque steer i'd be afraid i'd end up in a ditch... be fun though.

http://www.turbotruck.net check that out!

for 5k you could swap in a massaged 5.0 or 347 stroker, which is what people do to make fast mustangs, unless they're idiots.

lmao....the 5.0 is the easiest motor to make fast, youd have to be an IDIOT to have a modded 5.0 that is weak. 2.3T mustang>>>>>>>>>>5.0

for 5k you could swap in a massaged 5.0 or 347 stroker, which is what people do to make fast mustangs, unless they're idiots.

lmao....the 5.0 is the easiest motor to make fast, youd have to be an IDIOT to have a modded 5.0 that is weak. 2.3T mustang>>>>>>>>>>5.0
describe fast...

even w/ every bolt-on, the 5.0 wont be more than 300ish whp..and that is pushing it....

which is why smart mustang builders do that unless they have stupid amounts of money to throw around and just want to be different. the 5.0 already comes with forged internals, so they easily handle boost. try taking a turbo 5.0 or 347 with 10k put into the car with a 10k 2.3 turbo.

describe fast...

even w/ every bolt-on, the 5.0 wont be more than 300ish whp..and that is pushing it....
i could see 350 rwhp out of a 5.0 with good bolt ons and a nice tune, maybe more. start getting into the motor and replace the cam though, and you've got a beast on your hands. i prefer my trans am's drivetrain, but i like the 87-93 gt mustang look, and the lightness of the notchbacks, and definitely the sound. i've run into plenty of mustangs on the street that sound nasty as hell, i figure they'll take me then i blow their doors off. single exhaust on the fbodies *****, have clearance problems with true duals and my car already sits low

i could see 350 rwhp out of a 5.0 with good bolt ons and a nice tune, maybe more. start getting into the motor and replace the cam though, and you've got a beast on your hands. i prefer my trans am's drivetrain, but i like the 87-93 gt mustang look, and the lightness of the notchbacks, and definitely the sound. i've run into plenty of mustangs on the street that sound nasty as hell, i figure they'll take me then i blow their doors off. single exhaust on the fbodies *****, have clearance problems with true duals and my car already sits low
Yeah, the old 5.0's sound much meaner than they actually are. With every single bolt-on and a cam..350rwhp... I still have doubts..

owned 2 neons...both were getting head gaskets at 60k.........owned 4 Honda's......run better with 150k than neons did with 20,000miles.....and Im not biased cuz I hated Honda's...til I bought one...Or just hated the local kids who drove them.

owned 2 neons...both were getting head gaskets at 60k.........owned 4 Honda's......run better with 150k than neons did with 20,000miles.....and Im not biased cuz I hated Honda's...til I bought one...Or just hated the local kids who drove them.
That's what I've been saying. Exactly my point. Thank you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.