Too muc h bass?

Jt321
10+ year member

Just got my components in and a U.S. acoustics usx2100 in. Well when i listen to rock it sounds awesome and loud, but once i listen to rap and r&b it sounds like crap, the bass is to powerful for the speakers to handle and it sounds like its gonna explode. But when i try to turn it down it gets good again but now its to quiet to hear. Any ideas on how i could make my bass calm down a bit? I also tried messing with the EQ on the deck but it didnt do much, and my gain is about 3/4 the way up.

My setup is:

U.S. Acoustics USX2100

Alpine CDA-9815

Cdt cl-61

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.