Turn up the tunes in Florida and lose your ride

A recently proposed law in Sarasota, FL could result in your car getting towed and you could face up to a $650 fine for playing your car stereo to loud. A city meeting next month will determine it's passing.

FloridaSPL.com has been cited as the ‘Florida car audio enthusiasts website’ and excerpts have been used in the Herald Tribune and on SNN News 6 TV.

For more information on this proposed law, check out the following:

Turn up the tunes and lose your ride

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Article Here

Is seizing noisy cars too much?

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Article Here

SNN News 6 TV

April 22, 2008

Video Here

While I don't agree with that law, I think people should play their systems more responsibly. With proper sound deadening, as long as you're not hitting 150s daily, which few people are, you shouldn't hear anything outside of the vehicle.

well in the town of lakewales here in florida... i believe first offence is 150 dollar fine then next is 600 and if u get a 3rd u get garunteed jail time i think 30days

its no different then those loud ass harleys and u dont see them getting towed
ain`t that the truth and they actually hurt your ears...I think it is discrimination against us car audio lovers.
At Daytona bike week they ticket for modded pipes. Its a pretty expensive ticket, too.

As a person who both rides Harleys and loves car stereo I'm in a pretty good position to see both sides. I agree with the ideal of impounding cars in cases where the owner is not respectful of those around them. You have to realize that this isn't going to happen on a first offense and that it isn't nearly going to happen every time. It's also not like the car is being confiscated, just impounded and towed. They'll be able to get it back it'll just cost enough that maybe they'll think again before cranking their stereo like a douche. I can have my stereo up loud enough to be painful in the car and a person outside isn't aware that I have a system. If you want a system simply to attract the attention and ire of those outside the car, I honestly think that sending the car to the crusher isn't too harsh.

As a rider, you have no idea how many times I've had to roll on the throttle to bark the pipes a bit to get some oblivious clown to notice me on the bike. Drivers have no respect for riders and don't look for them on the road. Many times the only time that hte bike is noticed is because of the pipes. That said, there are pipes out there that are just too frickin' loud and there are inconsiderate a-holes that make a point of making as much racket and drawing as much attention as possible. Tickets are issued to them fairly regularly. If you knew a lot of biker types you would know this. My pipes get loud enough to make sure that people know that I'm there when I get on the throttle but are pretty quiet if I'm taking it easy like I always do coming in and out of my neighborhood and when riding through residential areas. At idle and low RPM my Harley is quieter than my SRT-4 at idle. The SRT is bone stock and the Harley has aftermarket pipes.

I for one think that children screaming and crying in public should be impounded //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.